RegisterDonateLogin

Has never underestimated the power of the Dark Side.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

cicrush13's vong invasion scenario Options
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:31:26 AM
Groups: Member

Hi all,

I decided that I'd come up with a wickedly awesome scenario based on the facts of The New Jedi Order book series. Also this is my first attempt at a scenario, so any feedback would be great!

The map I thought of is the new one I believe in Luminara map pack. So here's the scoop...

The Vong have invaded the planet and have begun capturing and killing civilians when the New Republic shows up trying to save some of them. The team is lead by Luke and Mara. The Vong are led by Nom Anor. There are still several groups of civilians scattered in different places across the map.

Objective: The NR wants to evacuate at least 10 of the 20 survivors still stranded on the planet. They can also win if the Vong army is defeated.

Vong will win if 11 of 20 civilians are captured or killed. Also if the NR army is defeated they will win.

NR Squad:
Luke Jedi Master
Mara, Jedi
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Han Galactic Hero
10 x NR Trooper
4 x NR Commander
Total: 19 figures

Vong Squad:
Nom Anor
4 x Vong Jedi Hunter
12 x Advance Scout
3 x Advance Agent, Officer
4 x Vong Shaper
8 x Vong Warrior
2 x Vong Subaltern
2 x Nexu
6 x Vornskr
Total: 42

Civilians:
Each have 20 hit points and no special abilities.

To capture/rescue a civilian a character must move adjacent to that civilian. On that characters next move they will "capture/rescue" that civilian. Each character can only take 1 civilian with them at a time.

Once a civilian with a NR character has reached the any of the last 6 squares on their side of the map, they have successfully reached an evacuation shuttle. If a civilian with a Vong character reaches the last 6 squares, they have been sent into a Vong shaping ship where they will be experiments for the shapers.

Civilian figures can be any fringe character. I thought it best to do a mix of aliens and humans. All have 20 HP and no special abilities.

Let me know what you think of this.
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:06:48 AM

Sounds like the jedi have their work cut out for them. Do the Vornskrs and Nexu supposed to represent voxyn? It sounds fun, but I would give the vong a peace brigader or two just for fun.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:05:08 PM

No they aren't. At this point the Voxyn are basically extinct. If you remember how they slowly died after Myrkr. I used them since the Vong don't use technology of any kind. But a Voxyn would be sweet!!!!BigGrin
hothie
Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 3:31:11 PM

Sounds a lot like a scenario Lady H and I made up 2 years ago. It can be seen here:

http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/battleofdantooinescenarioredux.doc

As for yours, 42 activations to 19 will be killer. Lots of Thud Bugs saves, and Nom's CE will be bad, too, unless Han is up in the fight, which he shouldn't be. Jacen seems absolutely worthless unless you make UTF work for YV. We gave him and Anakin Vong Sense in ours. And voxyn was one of the customs from the The Lost Twenty thread on the wotc customs boards. Here are some that I made, although not from the TLT thread:

http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2104

I would try it as you have it written, then see how it goes. I think you're going to want to cut down on the YV activations, but with few pieces with VCA, it might work out ok. Hope your scenario goes well!!
carnorjax1
Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 10:09:21 AM

Oh, ok i sort of skipped around with the NJO series, and I think there were about 4 I didn't read, so the whole voxyn thing is kind of a blank for me.
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 12:51:05 AM

They would hunt the Jedi for the vong.