RegisterDonateLogin

Has altered the deal. Pray it does not alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

grenade launching bacta tanks. Options
billiv15
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 8:44:59 AM
Groups: Member

I think the R7 will have a much bigger long term impact than either Bane or the Rodian. It's just that override isn't new, and the shiniest toys always get played with first.

Further, if what I know of Whorm is in fact true, I would easily put him up there with the rest of these being mentioned. I really can't buy the idea Don that Xizor or RCTS grenade squads are going to have a bigger impact than 7-8 point fringe override. Override still dominates competitive play, you know, where those pesky opponents know how to snipe ugnaughts first :)

And further, I don't believe Cad is even the best unique. I would easily put three above him right now for game changing power. Commander Ahsoka, General Skywalker and Obi Wan Jedi General. I also expect to see the new Rex and GG see a lot of play. Also, the Commando Droid Captain will be a very strong piece. All of these will likely make equally strong squads to anything you can do with Cad, and most will make stronger.

Cad is a tier 2 piece that could see some play in tier 1 200pt squads. But I am willing to bet all of you, that most Cad squads don't even hit tier 2. He is too expensive for what he brings to a squad, and has too few hps to survive at 200, where he can best be played. He is a nice piece, but not a game changer.

And I believe, neither is the Rodian. The gimmick is fun, but you guys have to think through how a game is played. He has to replace his turn to grant it to an adjacent ally. You will almost always need more than one, and 20pts is a lot to simply give out grenades or heal. 10pts as a throw in isn't an easy choice, when it likely means giving up another gimmick, or more power, just to give out weak heal and grenades usually to scrubs or commanders who won't see much action anyways.

R7, Anakin, Ahsoka, Whorm, Flobi are all better pieces for the competitive game by a long shot. Heck, I forgot to mention the new Assaj, who is also quite a nice piece, who also may see some significant play in some squad ideas I have for her. Oddly, she is one of the best pieces to use with Cad out of the gate :)
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 8:58:17 AM

yea and with GDAC and the BDS and a couple of other droid commanders you can get the r7 attack up to 12 with double twin a overide peice that shoots that annoying and ion sheild is nice but I am still much more excited about cad bane with SS and Im not so sure how much I will use the rodian trader
Durge Dude
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 10:18:34 AM

adminsidious wrote:
There's the obvious Any Clone+Republic Training Sarge+Rodian Trader= Grenades 30 for everybody!

Palpatine on throne, for those "I don't feel like Lightning" turns.

Lobot can almost defend himself with them.

My personal favorite so far is Kel Dor Bounty Hunter I think. He's self sufficient to Self Destruct for 40, so long as he's next door.

sorry it doesnt stack
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 10:23:44 AM

Durge Dude wrote:
adminsidious wrote:
There's the obvious Any Clone+Republic Training Sarge+Rodian Trader= Grenades 30 for everybody!

Palpatine on throne, for those "I don't feel like Lightning" turns.

Lobot can almost defend himself with them.

My personal favorite so far is Kel Dor Bounty Hunter I think. He's self sufficient to Self Destruct for 40, so long as he's next door.

sorry it doesnt stack

How so? Rodian Trader gives a guy with order 66 'nades 10, Republic Commando Training Seargeant gives anyone with order 66 and 'nades 10, 'nades 30.

That being the only stackable combo on here, I have to assume that's what you're talking about.

*Edit*
Unless you mean the Kel Dor, in which case maybe you misunderstand me. (It was a little vague, admittedly).

If so, how I mean is: KDBH can base an opposing figure, and instead of doing his 10 damage, do grenades 10(which will also hit him on a failed save), until he explodes doing his Self Destruct:40.
Draconarius
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 12:49:17 PM

Quote:
If so, how I mean is: KDBH can base an opposing figure, and instead of doing his 10 damage, do grenades 10(which will also hit him on a failed save), until he explodes doing his Self Destruct:40.

Or until the opponent steps away, takes the 10 damage AoO, and puts a flurry of blaster bolts into your Kel Dor's head. allowing him to explode harmlessly. Flapper
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2009 1:15:42 PM

Draconarius wrote:
Quote:

Or until the opponent steps away, takes the 10 damage AoO, and puts a flurry of blaster bolts into your Kel Dor's head. allowing him to explode harmlessly. Flapper

Well sure. It's not good strategy, it's just funny. ;)

Regardless, I'm still unsure which thing isn't supposed to work because of the stacking rules, but I'd love to know, I'm always happy to learn.