RegisterDonateLogin

No rogue is more charismatic than this gambler and soldier of fortune.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Why use Delivery Confirmation? Options
ChuckaFett
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 3:06:52 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

I've always been a strong proponant of using Delivery Confirmation when trading. It costs .75 cents and is somewhat of a protection against people claiming they did not recieve your package. It also "tracks" your package, and helps give the recipient some confidence in its arrival. Although Delivery Confirmation is not directly talked about in our GTL rules, I have a link to a couple of WOTC good trading practices threads listed in our rules that do discuss it. (I can't link to it here at work, but will post that link here when I get home as well).
Here's the link.

Anyway, I had a trade with Coldspider and used Delivery Confirmation as I usually do, well this time it came in quite handy! Below are a few of the messages Coldspider sent me:

ChuckJ,
Haven't got your package yet, so I checked online with the confirmation number and it says the following:

Delivery status not updated as of October 01, 2009, 11:06 pm
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, October 01, 2009, 9:06 am, JANESVILLE, WI 53545
Sorting Complete, October 01, 2009, 8:36 am, JANESVILLE, WI 53545
Arrival at Post Office, October 01, 2009, 3:37 am, JANESVILLE, WI 53545
Acceptance, September 29, 2009, 12:09 pm, LYNDEN, WA 98264

So it seems like there is some lazyness on my end of the postal workers or it got lost. I'm going to call the post office in the morning to try to pick it up there and sort it out. I'll bloomail you when I finally get it but I want to thank you on your part for a good trade and speedy mailing, it would have allready got to me if it weren't for the post office slacking off lol.
+1 gtl

Thank you again,
Nathaniel

chuckJ,
I stopped at the post office on friday and after 30 mins of run around they told me they couldn't find it and dont know what happend to it. They took down my info and told me they would call if they found it. Well come Saturday it ended up in my mail box with a letter of apology, so I have no idea where it was for that week or so. I have It now all in one peice and that's what matters. Thank you again for your trade and if it wasn't for you giving me that tracking number I would have had no proof that I had a box comming and it would have been lost for good. Hopefully we can trade more in the future.

Nathaniel

The moral of the story....Use Delivery Confirmation! It could save you or your trade partners bacon one day!
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 7:02:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Good example of DC use.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 8:49:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I recall having a situation just like that on my first or second trade.

I sent my end first, all good. The other guy's package got routed incorrectly as it turned out. He contacted the USPS about it and they eventually got the package to me. Took a couple weeks or so, and we both live in the same state. Laugh

I use DC every time, it is worth every penny.