RegisterDonateLogin

+1 on the GTL.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

saves Options
Yames2.0
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 1:28:46 PM
Groups: Member

ok so i know a 1 on an attack is an auto miss but is it on a save? i cant find anywhere that u can "crit miss" a save. cuz i was thinking with stacking mettle and what not u could actuly get a bonus to the point u couldnt fail.
maverick
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 1:33:37 PM

I don't think you can crit miss a save. I don't believe there is a situation where you can get a save down to 1 to succeed though. If its possible it would have to Zayne Carrick with all his roll altering abilities.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 1:41:30 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

All answers are incorrect.

The rulebook states that, like an attack, a 1 is auto fail and 20 is auto success on a save. This isn't in glossary, it is in the Save portion of the actual rulebook, just can't think of the page number right now.

And Mettle stacks. This is covered in the glossary defination.
maverick
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 1:44:34 PM

Sithborg wrote:
All answers are incorrect.

The rulebook states that, like an attack, a 1 is auto fail and 20 is auto success on a save. This isn't in glossary, it is in the Save portion of the actual rulebook, just can't think of the page number right now.

And Mettle stacks. This is covered in the glossary defination.

I did not know that, Thanks. Still a 20 is a success anyway so it seems kind of pointless to call it an auto success. Unless, using Zayne as an example again, you roll a 20 on his lightsaber block when he is at a - 4 because of bad luck. That would be a success than right?
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 1:47:25 PM

Yes, it would still be a success and prevent the damage (20-4 is still 16). However, it doesn't change the results of the roll (ie for Cortosis Gauntlets).
maverick
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 1:49:13 PM

darn, youd still need to roll a 22 for cortosis to go off then? I understand. Thanks again.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 1:52:18 PM

Yes, it is impossible to pull off Cortosis Gauntlets on a round with an even roll. (barring combos, though)
Yames2.0
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 4:53:39 PM

thanks and yea i was looking at zayne when i thought about this i think i figured a way to get him to like need a -9 to succed on an evade (odd init +4, karmic mettle +4, mettle +4 from obi force spirt, and a dead yoda of degobah for mast of the force) but yea so he can still fail it with a 1 dang lol heres a question can he crotoss on a 1 ? cuz if he could get master of the force 3...
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:52:07 AM

maverick wrote:
darn, youd still need to roll a 22 for cortosis to go off then? I understand. Thanks again.

At the same time, however, if you get the good part of Karmic Mettle Zayne can get a Cortosis off on a 14.

Sincerely,
Jester007