RegisterDonateLogin

I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Grand Master vrs Boven Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:03:34 PM
Groups: Member

To begin here are the squads:

Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter/Darth Revan
Vrs
Grand Master Luke Skywalker/Dodonna/Human Bodyguard/Caamasi/Uggies

The only reason I happen to know all the exact die rolls is because the game just ended and I still have Vassal open.

He won map roll and chose Death Star, I chose the right side(without the ship), and began my peeps inside the room. He started his general group up top on the left.

Round 1/2First Round he his squad out and hides them behind the walls up top, I opened the door, and stayed inside the room. Second round he maneuvers himself to be hidden within the circle place and I maneuver myself so that Revan is 13 squares away and he would have to pass by Boba.

Round 3 I let him go first, he spins an uggie and I keep my position. He runs up Luke and Twins Boba. He rolls an 11 and 19. Boba takes 40.

Round 4 Boba begins by twinning Luke, I get a 5 and an 8, and then Mobile 6 squares away forcing Luke to choose Revan as a target or take an AO from Revan to get to Boba. He moves BG up first and rolls an 18 on Revan, I DA it and am good. Then he runs Luke up and twins Revan. He rolls two 10s and I block one successfully with Revan. Revan then activates and corrupt Luke, then moves away behind Boba a bit. Luke takes the twin AO and rolls a 1 and 4. He rerolls one and gets a 7 for 20 damage.

Luke: Has 110 HP and 5 force.
Revan: Has 100 HP and 3 force.
Boba: Has 80 HP and pure awesomeness

Round 5 He had moved Uggies up to base Boba, so I used Revan's CE to move Boba adjacent to Luke. I opened with a twin. I rolled a 12 and a 4, he light saber defense the hit and I mobile away farther south. (We are grouped around the center door and the corner below it) He then moves Luke over and twins Boba. He rolls an 18 and 7. Boba takes 40 more. I then Corupt Luke with Revan and move Revan to open the lower door of the right middle room.

Luke: Has 90 HP and 6 force.
Revan: Has 100 HP and 2 force.
Boba: Has 40 HP and pure awesomeness

Round 6 I use Revan's CE to get Boba through the door and down into the circle room. Boba starts and twins luke who now has 27 defense. I roll a 4 and 16. He defenses the hit. Luke activates and rolls a series of crap saves even with fprr; 7, 4, and 3. He then runs over and twins Revan, rolling a 13 and 17. I blocked one. Then I activate Revan and decide to force storm because he has an uggie and BG and Luke adjacent. He cancels it so I run away with Revan to block the way so as to protect Boba. Luke Twins and rolls a 6 and 17. The rest of the AOs miss.

Luke: Has 70 HP and 2 force.
Revan: Has 40 HP and 0 force.

Round 7 I use Revan's CE to move Boba a space and then have Revan activate and gain a force point, and not move. He then activates BG and GMLS. BG rolls an 18 on Revan and DA fails. Luke then runs up for the twin, after failing his Corruption save with a four. On his twin rolls he gets a 19, which I suck up, and then he rolls a 2, he fprrs and get a 4, and then fprrs and gets an 8. I then block and roll a 12. No cancel, no damage. I then Mobile Boba adjacent to Luke, so that he doesn't have cover, and I twin him. I roll a 14, he lets the BG take it. I roll an 11 and he lightsaber defenses it and rolls a 6, which he fprrs and gets another 6. Boba Fett mobiles back.

Luke: Has 30 HP and 0 force.
Revan: Has 10 HP and 0 force.

Round 8 I go first and have Revan attack uggie. He kills the uggies and then Luke attacks him back and rolls a 14 for the corruption save. Then he rolls a 7 for his first attack and I roll a 5 for the lightaber block. After this he moved Luke back up into that room and then moved the BG up there too and left the door closed.

It pretty much became a hunting game for Boba. He won after eventually getting a twin on Boba (which took more than 3 rounds because of my positioning and winning init.) I was trying to run to the opposite side with the huge ship and use its cover spaces to slow luke down and get a single twin off on him alone. but it didn't work out.

It was a great game and ended so very close I was angry about those misses earlier, but then again he had some crazy bad rolls...

The player was Scott E on Vassal, and he was a great guy, I recomend playing with him if your looking for a game. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't read any of this, but it was a good game either way.

-RevRevGar
mercenary_moose
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:03:43 AM

Wow. I love these Play Reports! Smile I read the whole article through and enjoyed it all. Great game, Revan Boy!
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:20:37 AM

Thanks. It was a great game. We both had really crappy rolling and neither of us got a crit out of every single roll in the game.

-RevRevGar
danielmcdougall
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 8:17:56 AM

Quote:
Round 8 I go first and have Revan attack uggie.

WHAT?!! Luke only had 30 hp...corrupt him and then Boba only needs one hit! Or hit him or whatever...Luke should have been your target!

RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2009 5:30:48 PM

danielmcdougall wrote:
WHAT?!! Luke only had 30 hp...corrupt him and then Boba only needs one hit! Or hit him or whatever...Luke should have been your target!

Dead Revan means he can run away with his next activation and I would be stuck chasing him down through all his pieces until he can double speed to twin me... Most logical situation was to use Revan as a wall and hope I got some good rolls with Boba.

Most logical plan, thinking back on it would have to been to save up force and then force storm and flamethrower... but I didn't have enough FP with Revan, or enough extra rounds...

-RevRevGar
LandShark
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:59:33 AM

I remember watching this game on Vassal. It was very intertaining.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:41:47 AM

i played that boba revan squad with my boba merc arica and thrawn team. it was really interesting double master tactition, double intuition bobas. revan eventually won(boba killed mas early on a bad move by me) Brutal squad with only two acts.
freydwen
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 9:30:39 AM

Only non-unique followers get the +4.