More ugnaught now than man.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

DCI rules explanations/comments, please Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:56:26 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

LoboStele wrote:
adminsidious wrote:
But yea, it probaby is easier to just say "no removing it", it just seems like that had to refect somewhere in BFBH's enourmous point cost.

Well, yes and no. I believe Rob said at one point a while back that Boba was actually not supposed to have Accurate Shot, or something like that. He's a pretty solid piece even without Disintegration. Compare him to Cad Bane, he might be a tad under-powered now, but the extra 40 HP, Accurate Shot, +2 Attack, and Flamethrower make a nice difference that probably accounts for the extra 8 points without too much headache.

Was it Evade?
Even Baby Boba has Accurate Smile
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:10:00 AM
Groups: Member

no Rob was specifically asked about Boba BH and how powerful he was.

Rob was not getting the complaint and looked confused. So the person asking the question began tallying all of his abilities. When the person got to accurate shot Rob stopped him and specifically said "Boba is not supposed to have accurate shot"

So somewhere that got lost.

The funny thing is everyone expects Boba to have accurate shot. But there is nothing in Star Wars cannon to support him being an accurate shooter. It is kind of funny. Boba's had close to 9 million brothers who is Star Wars minis most of them dont have accurate shot but he does...... that is kind of funny to me.

The one time you Boba in action in the movies he goes out like a punk..... he couldn't even shoot Skywalker in between those baby blues
headache62
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:22:38 AM

dnemiller wrote:

The one time you Boba in action in the movies he goes out like a punk..... he couldn't even shoot Skywalker in between those baby blues

In Boba's defense, I'm pretty sure that was part of Vader's command to "lead him to me" instead of "turn him into a cloud of his particulate matter." In other words, Boba was shooting the wall on purpose.

And I'm not even a Boba fan - he just never impressed me that much.

On Topic: Big-D should be out in Dynamic Duo games. I like that change.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:38:40 AM

dnemiller wrote:
no Rob was specifically asked about Boba BH and how powerful he was.

Rob was not getting the complaint and looked confused. So the person asking the question began tallying all of his abilities. When the person got to accurate shot Rob stopped him and specifically said "Boba is not supposed to have accurate shot"

So somewhere that got lost.

The funny thing is everyone expects Boba to have accurate shot. But there is nothing in Star Wars cannon to support him being an accurate shooter. It is kind of funny. Boba's had close to 9 million brothers who is Star Wars minis most of them dont have accurate shot but he does...... that is kind of funny to me.

Well, there is the perfect example of "don't expect things in the game to make sense in universe". All 6 Boba minis have Accurate. So that got "lost" 6 times over the span of 9 sets. Lol. I'll bet the next one has Accurate as well RollEyes

Edit: I also like taking Big D out of the duo format, rather than Boba BH himself BlooMilk
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:12:09 AM

oh I dont have a problem with Boba having accurate. I just never thought every version should. Each version represents Boba in a different period of his life. Even the Mando Boba represents him late in life as Mandalore fighting the vong.

But the things that gets me is. Boba's only difference to the clones is he was not genetically sped up in aging.... he was unaltered. So why doesnt every clone have accurate shot?? Kind of a fun question. They all have Jango's genes. They were put into immediate and intensive combat training..... so how did they not get that????

I am not being real real serious here.... just enjoying the irony of it.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:18:08 AM

dnemiller wrote:
oh I dont have a problem with Boba having accurate. I just never thought every version should. Each version represents Boba in a different period of his life. Even the Mando Boba represents him late in life as Mandalore fighting the vong.

But the things that gets me is. Boba's only difference to the clones is he was not genetically sped up in aging.... he was unaltered. So why doesnt every clone have accurate shot?? Kind of a fun question. They all have Jango's genes. They were put into immediate and intensive combat training..... so how did they not get that????

Same way twins can be put through the same training and education and still have different attributes. And maybe the clones just focus on shooting the enemy right in front of them, whereas Boba can take the time to shoot and enemy in the back.

I don't think Accurate Shot in the game represents accuracy. I think that's more of the attack value where they have a better chance of hitting someone. Accurate Shot seems to represent more of the state of mind where you can focus better and shoot the people who are not shooting at you from the shortest distance away. At least that's how I see it.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:39:16 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

Same way twins can be put through the same training and education and still have different attributes. And maybe the clones just focus on shooting the enemy right in front of them, whereas Boba can take the time to shoot and enemy in the back.

I don't think Accurate Shot in the game represents accuracy. I think that's more of the attack value where they have a better chance of hitting someone. Accurate Shot seems to represent more of the state of mind where you can focus better and shoot the people who are not shooting at you from the shortest distance away. At least that's how I see it.

@Dean - Funny, the Jango minis don't have Accurate. Boba's A.S. must be a side effect of watching his old man get decapitated Razz I'm not being serious either

@Eroschilles - I like your take on Accurate. Keep a cool head, pop the key targets.