RegisterDonateLogin

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good milk at your side.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What minis have GAW bought back to life? Options
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:14:23 AM
Groups: Member

Maul COTF is certainly back from the dead. 8 attacks, 30 a pop... sign me up.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:19:15 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:
How about a T1 squad, Whorm to give them twin and BD Sgt to give it 50 damage. Sure its melee, but what a pouding it can dish out for 21 points. Throw Gha into the squad and the new Tambor and you could call another one up. Use em in pairs to lift each other. Even AoO would be painful.

could be scary in tile wars. what I like is Sidious,3-4 T1's,commando captain,BDO,
could work in the BDS if needed. Some T1's GWL BDO could be fun at 100. never thought about that one.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:32:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

At 200 - Assaj SL, Whorm, Kreia, 80 points left for mice, shooters and tech.

Kreia with triple-twin, crits on 19/20 for 60-d, and then twins on the flurry attacks. Drain life to add insult to injury.

Sick, just plain sick. Blink
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:49:09 PM

LoboStele wrote:
Yeah, I'm definitely seeing the most old things come back to life in the Sep faction because of Whorm. Grievous Wheel Bike is hilarious. Maul COTS is probably the one I'm most interested in. A couple other things like Bossk BH with Momentum and Twin should be fun. I'm looking forward to Tyranus DLOTS rising back towards the top again as well. Honestly, it's all the living Seps that I'm excited about. I've had enough of the Droids. Nothing in the new set really changes much about how Droid squads are run. Sure, there's some new options, but the tactics/strategy are much the same as they were a year ago when GGDAC came out. The new options for the Living Seps are the really intriguing ones for me.

As for other 'old' pieces though...it's been a while since JWMs have been truly competitive. With General Skywalker, they will be a thing to fear with Assault and Momentum, I think.
I couldnt agree more, Sep jedis are where its at
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:55:40 PM

all the mauls are back. I think old aurra sing will be back. I'm really pumped about all these dookus being good now with whorm.
Capin_ahab
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:10:08 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Capin_ahab wrote:
I like Maul Cots and Durge JH with twin. And i know this will sound (exceuse my french) silly but i like sidious dlots woth tripple twin, and a killer commander effect.

Alas, Whorm is for Followers... No Bloo Milk

Whoops i should learn to read more carefuly...
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:30:29 AM

No worries Capt'n...I do it all the time. ;)
DarthReeves
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:11:38 AM

They aren't really OLD pieces, but I'm going to use Oddball again, no need for cloud pilots this time! Also, If I can somehow manage to get Yularen then I'm going to pull out THE GELAGRUB! Wait a minute here...General Skywalker...plus Yularen...plus the grub =.....!!!!!!!!!

I'll call the squad, "Death from a grub" (Death from above)
dalsiandon
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:17:48 AM

One thing's for sure, Loathsom is a huge help for the seps. Finally there fleshys have a CE that gives them some love.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:26:44 AM

dalsiandon wrote:
One thing's for sure, Loathsom is a huge help for the seps. Finally there fleshys have a CE that gives them some love.

Indeed.
Now when will they make something that gives a stat boost to the handful of living Sep grunts? I'd like to play the Acolytes, Commandos etc. And make use Durge's CE Mad
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:51:24 AM

swinefeld wrote:
dalsiandon wrote:

Indeed.
Now when will they make something that gives a stat boost to the handful of living Sep grunts? I'd like to play the Acolytes, Commandos etc. And make use Durge's CE Mad

ya when i got that durge i quickly built a droid army to go with him and was very happy. but wow droids dont benefit, i felt like an idoit
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:52:04 AM

swinefeld wrote:

You can always use Bindo to get his Force Valor CE.

Bindo
Whorm
BBSVigo
Sep Commando X3
Mouse x2

99 points

Anyone have a Bindo they want to trade?BigGrin
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:29:54 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

You can always use Bindo to get his Force Valor CE.

<snip>

Sadly, that might be just enough for a Commando to hit an Uggie in cover from range Unsure
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:48:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I am really excited about the Dookus. Tyrannus, LOTDS and Dooku, Serreno are both pretty fun to with Loathsome. Twin/Riposte is fun, almost more than JH/Opportunist/Riposte/Djem So. Heck, I think it could be interesting to break ROTS Tyrannus out, to boost another Melee beat.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:46:28 AM

Sithborg wrote:
I am really excited about the Dookus. Tyrannus, LOTDS and Dooku, Serreno are both pretty fun to with Loathsome. Twin/Riposte is fun, almost more than JH/Opportunist/Riposte/Djem So. Heck, I think it could be interesting to break ROTS Tyrannus out, to boost another Melee beat.

I've always liked ROTS Tyranus (especially for his Dark Inspiration). Loathsom makes it a much easier decision (to use him).

Serenno will certainly see more use (probably not saying much there, lol), and LotDS is even more dangerous than before.

Dooku is one Cool cat!