RegisterDonateLogin

Always shoots first.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

$10 for half of GAW rare set? Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:12:43 AM
Groups: Member

I personally don't like these minis, because they seem repetetive. $10 might be worth it, to get trade bait?
asajj
obi wan
anakin
ahsoka
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:21:48 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Actually, if you look at what each one does for the factions, they are pretty worthwhile to get.
I would guess each should be no less than $3 each due to useage.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:32:30 AM

I think the figures are good trade bait, and are playable. The only thing I am a little sad about is their value. I was hoping there would be more rares that would go up in value like Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed, VAR, and Storm Commandos.

Oh well, at least we don't have characters that value is less then $5 and you can't even use them.
DarthReeves
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:33:40 AM

I love that Wizards has made the beat sticks rare and (for the most part) the Commanders very rare. I can buy a pack and no matter what get someone with either a good gun or a lightsaber. If not? Well then I have a very rare worth using or trading...unless I get that very rare Ackbar Jedi fellow...I'd take 3-po deity over him
DarthReeves
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:34:34 AM

shatterpoint7 wrote:
I personally don't like these minis, because they seem repetetive. $10 might be worth it, to get trade bait?
asajj
obi wan
anakin
ahsoka

I like 3 of these figs, I do agree that asajj, though dangerous, is over priced and not worth using over the Assassin version that came out this summer.
swmtrader
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:40:23 AM

At miniature market,

All the Rares were 2-4 dollars,

All the UC/C were 50 cents to 2$

All the Very Rares were 17-12 dollars
(excluding Cad Bane 33.00)

So I ask whats the point of buying Booster for 15$? If you can buy 3-4 rares or a very rare (you actually want) for the same price?
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:41:42 AM

I would definitely NOT buy those Rares if you're just planning to use them for trade bait. You'll probably find that a lot of people buy cases, and as such, end up with all 8 of the Rares anyway. The one problem with the 40 piece sets is that not many people trade with or for the Rares at all any more.
DarthReeves
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:46:12 AM

swmtrader wrote:
At miniature market,

All the Rares were 2-4 dollars,

All the UC/C were 50 cents to 2$

All the Very Rares were 17-12 dollars
(excluding Cad Bane 33.00)

So I ask whats the point of buying Booster for 15$? If you can buy 3-4 rares or a very rare (you actually want) for the same price?

Not really a point to buy the boosters unless it's at a release tournament. Ours is tonight.

Financially speaking that is...

But you know, I know, we all know that feeling. You know the feeling I'm talking about?
Opening a pack of minis.

You tell yourself you aren't going to look at the figures, just the cards, but you always see an uncommon or common or two while you dive for the cards. You never see the rare unless it's in a big pack (universe, bounty Hunters, Unleashed)

You start sifting through the cards eagerly.

Everyone does it differently. Some speed through, while others like to just look at the corners. When you see that circle with the star in it...you suddenly get so excited that you are willing to drop all of the other cards.

When that circle with the star turns out to be a Sith faction...use them or not, you howl triumphantly.

Sometimes that very rare is a chump piece, and it can be frustrating (COUGH Deity) (Cough Evazan)

Point is, if you order them all online, there is no thrill. There are just packing peanuts and bent cards...

$15 may be a little steep (wish they'd drop it to $10) but the thrill is worth the bill...sometimes...
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:01:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

LoboStele wrote:
I would definitely NOT buy those Rares if you're just planning to use them for trade bait. You'll probably find that a lot of people buy cases, and as such, end up with all 8 of the Rares anyway. The one problem with the 40 piece sets is that not many people trade with or for the Rares at all any more.

Good point...missed that.

And totally agree with the rares comment. Remember when Rares were RARE (hard to find/get)...?
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:24:46 AM

Well if anyone is looking to not buy boosters packs and needs any of the Republic Rares, keep me in mind. I have Rex and Skywalker so far.

I like buying boosters to see what I pull, gambler at heart I guess. Also, I like to throw a little money toward my LGS, times are tough for them. If not, I order $10 boosters from a LGS in my state or buy extra at our closed box Tourney.

I'll trade GaW Republic rares for GaW Sep C and UC.
dalsiandon
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:39:45 AM

I was suprised that Cad is the only real chase rare, there is no main character (or iconic) to fit that role in this set. In fact I have seen all the other VR's going for half if not a quarter of his price.

And for the rares you have mentioned 10 bucks is a steal. Either as trade fodder or as usable figs for play. Anakin prolly the most usable