RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo or Bloo Milk, there is no try.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Long Time Listener, First Time Suggester... Options
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:19:37 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This site rules.

A coupl'a things to think about adding if its easy and beneficial; firstly... On the page where it shows you your haves - I love the fact that it shows you how much it is worth, that is awesome (and a little scary) - would it be a good thing to add a column (or have the option to 'turn on' a column) that displayed points values for the minis you own? I know I am constantly having to count and recount how many points I have of minis... and then I lose the piece of paper with the numbers on, or can't rememebr which scribbled number refers to what... would it be easy to add something like that? You can already filter per faction so getting a points value for a faction would be easy peasy. Say you have 5 stormtroopers of a particular type (ex. UH41) so it would say "25" points worth of them etc. If its easy to do, I know I'd like it heaps.

Secondly, I sometimes will print out character search pages so I can have a hard copy of say all the Rebel charcters, or all the Empire characters, or even all the ones I own, just so I can have a hard copy to read during breakfast or whatever. (Is that a bit too geeky?) Anyhoo, I'd really like to have a colmun that showed how many (if any) that you owned of that piece, so you could look at the list and say 'oh, I don't have any of him' or 'that's right - I DO have 5 of that guys' etc... this one may be a bit more obscure than the last suggestion - but I'm throwing it out there!

Ooo... and another addon to that second one, as it concerns search page results. I like seeing the page/character printouts from wizards.com because it gives you the full description of the abilities in the result - not just the title of the ability. Would a tick box be easy to add that expanded the results to have the full card definition or is that just pie in the sky?

Look - I have thought of one more but this is pure fantasy, in the sense that it would go in the 'other' section along with Jedi Civil War and Open Boosters... but it might be a fun project. You have a heap of guys on the site that make customs - I am one of them that likes to dabble in make mock-cards... wouldn't it be cool to have a page that was dedicated to making your own mini? With the use of pull down menus you could select your core stats - faction, HP, Def, Att, Dam - then go on to add (again through pulldowns) special abilities, force powers, and com. effects - and by entering text into boxes provided, you could add your character name, add flavour text, add things that require extra wording (unique: this character counts as etc., or so-and-so's bodyguard...) thereby making yourself a list of stats and abilities to make your own mini. I imagine that ultimately the chance to make your own SA, FP, or CE would need to be added - but that could be a later addon. Then comes the tricky business of costing. I know that the general consensus is that costing is more art than formula, but there have been some attempts at providing core formulas for certain abilities and stats. Perhaps a computerised counter could tally up the abilities and points someone entered into a character, then give a 'suggested' value, which one could edit or add/subtract from. Perhaps the suggestion could be a range (no less than #, no higher than #, suggested value #) with the provisor that it was a computerised suggestion and the final value was with the maker. Then - if that's not all, maybe they could be saved onto the site -much like squads - and have their own rating system. Thinking further ahead, the ability to upload photos, or some way of spiting out a jpeg that was the card - but that it way in the future. I've been mulling over that last one for a while and thought, well yes, it would be a heap of work for someone to a) work out and b) code, but it would also be awesome.

Anyhoo - these are my suggestions three. If nothing happens with these, this website will still be totally awesome. Period.
Volvagia14
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:23:57 AM
Groups: Member

Not sure about the first two, but I am completely loving your third idea.

If it counts for anything, I second these motions.
curler88j
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 5:30:44 PM
Groups: Member

i like your first idea