RegisterDonateLogin

Expresses its true feelings for you in the South Passage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Things that are irrelevant for trading Options
dalsiandon
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 6:33:45 AM
Groups: Member

DarthJoe8 wrote:
When I was a noob trader I safe guarded against being scammed by only trading with people who had a proven track record...then when I had enough trades under my belt I would trade with people with lower trades than myself, of course they would send first. Cool

That's how I did it.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 6:51:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

dalsiandon wrote:
DarthJoe8 wrote:
When I was a noob trader I safe guarded against being scammed by only trading with people who had a proven track record...then when I had enough trades under my belt I would trade with people with lower trades than myself, of course they would send first. Cool

That's how I did it.

Me too. Worked a treat BlooMilk
Mickey
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:27:24 PM

I only read half of this thread but to reply to the top half about refs from other sites I have this problem. I have no way to confirm you are who you say you are from another site. Someone like Dean alot of people know and his rep alone would be enough to trade with. However, when I first started here I had some guy from Mexico tell me he had 40 or so trades from WoTC but none here. We never got a trade worked out because he kept changing his mind. I noticed he had tons of great figs to trade but even now almost a year later has no refs here. It made me glad I never confirmed a trade with him because who knows if he was trying to scam me.

So the short of it is I think if you are relatively unknown in the SWM community only your trade refs here will matter to me when I do a trade. You can tell me you have a 1000 on another site but if I can't prove you are that person it does me no good to know that.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:55:22 PM

well you could always look at said site for conformation. A lot of people even use the same name, for example you could find me(Dr. Destructo) at 4 different sites, but its all me.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:01:02 PM

What if they picked a name from another site and registered under that name here jsut to "steal" an identity to scam people?
DarthJoe8
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:09:36 AM

Mickey wrote:
What if they picked a name from another site and registered under that name here jsut to "steal" an identity to scam people?

Send them a PM to both names and see who replys. ThumpUp If the info matches then cool, if not then inform the person that they're being cloned.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:10:19 AM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
well you could always look at said site for conformation. A lot of people even use the same name, for example you could find me(Dr. Destructo) at 4 different sites, but its all me.

Ditto, I go by this SN everywhere.
Mickey
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:05:19 AM

Well personally I don't see the need to go through all that trouble. If I'm not registered on the other site in question then it would even be more hassle. All I have to do is expect them to earn their status here Flapper LOL
Hydrowhip
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:02:46 AM

dnemiller wrote:
OMG I love Peace Brigade thugs!!!!!!

They are terrific fodder..... a gran raider that shoots or can combine fire!!!!!

Dont melt them send them to me!!!!!

I second this, I have about 8 of these guys. I would even vote for another race/gender thug as a reprint in a future set.

A 4 pt shooter! What else can offer that besides the Battle Droid and a Mon Calamari Tech (does anyone even have one of these?)?
lukey84
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 1:17:15 PM

i still reference the wizo trade score. i used that site for trades and info, and bloomilk was just for squads. now with the stupid website change ive made this my primary site. but a trade is a trade, whether here, wizos or gamers