RegisterDonateLogin

Is your only hope.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

A Few Newbie General Rule Questions Options
Joasht
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 9:14:57 PM
Groups: Member

I have a few simple questions that I just want to clarify on:

1) When your unit has stealth, what actually happens? Does it mean he can never shoot it unless its the only thing he can see? What happens if everyone in his line of sight has stealth? Basically I just need some clarification on how Stealth works.

2) When it comes to names, am I right to assume that as long as part of the name is there, it "counts as" that model? Theres a figure that I saw that said it gains Grenade (I think) if a Xizor or Vigo is in the squad, so any of the three vigo's would trigger the ability?

3) Just for clarification, Greater Mobile Attack/Mobile Attack technically allows me to "attack at any point in my movement", i.e. when they say I can move before and after attacking, the total movement before and after cannot exceed 6 squares, as per normal as opposed to 6 squares before and 6 squares after?

Thanks!
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:16:20 AM
Groups: Member

I will attempt to answer some of these for you but there are a few guys that can probably do a much better job. Hopefully they will come on and post answers with rule specific language.

1) Stealth and LOS for that matter were troublesome rules for me to follow as well and I think give most new players a headache to understand. Stealth states that the piece can not be the target of an attack unless he is the closest and within 6. So if the fig is outside of 6 squares they can not be targeted. However, like most things in this game there is a counter LOL Someone with accurate shot can effectively counter stealth and target you from any distance and no matter if you are closest or not.
*as a note for superstealth there is a "bug" that if the fig is within 6 as per the stealth rules they are considered the legal target as the closest but since SS does not allow anything but an adjacent attack that shooter can not attack anyone with a normal ranged attack. I guess the rationalization is he is trying to figure out if he saw something there or not LOL

2) This part I still get confused on myself. Basically I think this errata was thrown in there for the screwups on cards. It used to be that only if the name was stated in the skills did a fig become part of a group such as Black Sun. There was an errata that allowed a fig to be considered Black Sun if they contained it in their name or in their abilities. The same goes for most other name related abilities I do believe.

3) Greater Mobile allows you to move up to your speed and still make all your attacks ie double, triple etc.. while mobile only allows you to make one attack. Your speed is usually 6 unless there is another speed printed in the abilities list. You can move part before the attack(s) and the rest after. You could also move all before or after, although that would be a normal move for a mobile attack Wink.

I hope that helps and I didn't confuse you more.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:07:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

2. Name contains means as long as the specified part is in the name, it counts for that ability. So all three Vigos and both Xizors affect those with the Black Sun Special Ability. This is covered in the named/name contains section of the glossary.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:37:07 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Here are some excellent resources on Stealth and LOS:

Nickname's Stealth Guide

Nickname's LOS Guide

Check out the other articles and such as well - great stuff.

http://www.the-holocron.com