RegisterDonateLogin

Is as precise as Imperial Stormtroopers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

This v That Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 4:48:30 AM
Groups: Member

So let me begin this with an intro.

My brother and I have a sort of sibling rivalry when it comes to anything. Whether it be Starcraft back in the day or NCAA on Playstation or even Minis, we would always get way too into it. My brother, "danielmcdougall" on bloomilk, has almost always been the victor. But this is a story of how that changed.

We decided to play a 250 point game capitalizing on some of the new pieces. My brother chose separatists, possibly because he saw how awesome IGs can be with GGDAC in a game we played a few weeks back. I chose Rebels.

His Squad:
57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
64 B3 Ultra Battle Droid x2
51 IG-86 Assassin Droid x3
16 A4-Series Lab Droid
20 Battle Droid Sniper x2
10 San Hill
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
12 Battle Droid x3
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(250pts. 16 activations)

My Squad:
54 Cad Bane
43 Kreia
36 Yoda of Dagobah
35 Han Solo, Rebel Hero
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
9 R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
8 Juno Eclipse
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
4 Gran Raider
9 Mouse Droid x3
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(250pts. 15 activations)

We played on Teth Monastery(sp?). He chose the side with the two huge doors and setup with his trips pretty much split on each side. Sniper Droids in the spot where you can see all the way across to the door on the other end of the map (where my guys are). I setup all my guys along the door except for Reeikan/Dodonna/R2-D2/Twilek.

The game began and he gave me first activation. I being stupid moved Obi-wan and moved him farther than four from kreia who he was haunting :/... He then started moving droids forward and I started moving people far forward. I moved Cad up 2 sections on my right and moved juno and yoda up one section on the left. I used Yoda'
s FP to cloak Kreia... funny thing is she wasn't in cover :/... He then finally opened the upper door and he baited me... I moved Han over and shot the sniper droid... Mistake being that he moved an IG to the same spot and clack clacked Han for 60 damage, I failed both saves. We finished moving all out pieces and I cant remember exactly how it went but he locked my lower door which meant that Han/Kreia/Twilek weer all stuck in the back.

Then next round came and I moved obi want back to Kreia. And then he moved around stuff and i used Cad Bane with Advantageous and no cover to shoot a big battle droid 4 times for 30 damage. I think I missed 2 or 3 of them. He then healed his droid and started moving forward, using the big droids as shields. He took a few pot shots at Juno and I almost lost her, so I moved her around a little bit and put some mouse droids in the way and used her accurate shot to kill his other sniper droid. No more accurate for him. I then decided to take a risk and just rush him with Yoda. I put Yoda all the way in the front area, meaning that he pretty much had to always target Yoda. I believe it was either this round or last round, but somewhere I lost my uggie before it could blow the lower door. Well I unlocked the lower door with R2-D2 and let Han out. He shot at a droid and I believe he missed. My brother then locked the door again and Kreia/Twilek still stuck. He moved the IGs forward and was able to get a couple shots off on Yoda, but with my evade and MOTF3 I only got hit 2-3 times. Yoda lives another day.

This round I was able to move Cad out and hit a big droid with all 4 shots and then instead of moving back to the second layer of rooms I moved him back so he was standing on the first cover outside the big door. My brother then moved forward shot at yoda and got him to ten hp. I then moved Han out and shot something, probably his r7 droid. And then the door was open for Kreia who came running out pretty far up and stood on top of cover. He moved up his droids and tried to kill Cad, which he would have but I made a key evade save, I didn't make the save on missiles 30(which was good b/c my final mouse droid was adjacent to Cad and the mouse droid did make the save). Problem was, this left a big droid and an IG really far forward. He took more shots at my people, but nobody died.

The next round I believe I won init because of recon. I used Cad and shot at him. He shot back and Cad had little hp left. So then I ran up Kreia with GMA (because the mouse droid made it through the fire fight. And attacked his big droid and killed it and injured his IG. I than ran Yoda in between Kreia (who was in the open), and his army. By that time, I think I had gotten two rounds of shots off with Han and killed another IG. I ran Juno up the side near to Grievous but couldn't get close enough. He shot at yoda but I made all my saves, thanks again to motf3. I moved everyone forward and my brother eventually conceded next round when I killed grievous (I rushed him with every single character.)

I do have to say that I was scared in the beginning when Yoda and Han were almost killed, but I pulled out with Yoda's MOTF3 and my brother had a hard time with the dice. (He rolled something like 3-5 1s during the game... sad none were against Kreia)

I had lost 2 mouse droids, gran raider, and an uggie. He lost everything except for 2 IGS, BDO, and San Hill.

It was a good game and I really like my Kreia based Rebel squads.

-RevRevGar
amsnow
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 5:22:34 AM

still waitin to see your title dude
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 10:20:46 AM

amsnow wrote:
still waitin to see your title dude

Me too lol, but I am patient.

-RevRevGar