RegisterDonateLogin

Cunningly opportunistic.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Important Maps to Get for Republic? Options
Joasht
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:50:29 PM
Groups: Member

I'm wondering, what kind of maps do Republic squads usually use at 150 points? I understand that it differs based on playstyles, but I'm thinking that each playstyle probably prefers a specific map. Would be much appreciated if someone would list the maps out, so that I know which ones to hunt down.

Thanks!
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:14:40 PM

While some squads have a particular type of map that they are good at, most are designed to be adaptive to every legal map as it's never a guarantee that you'll be playing your squad on the map you brought (and even when you do, it'll usually be on the disadvantageous side).

Anyhoo, for map acquiring, you'll want to get as many maps as possible as having a good variety of battlefields helps keep the game alive. A list of all official maps can be found here.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 12:37:49 AM

At our LGS the Death Star was common to see. When I started playing players from other areas I noticed that I see most of the legal maps. I'd get as many as you can as suggested and practice on all of them to get a feel which ides area best to start on and how they play with your playstyle.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 2:55:34 AM

These are the maps I enjoy playing on when I use Republic or imperial.

Death Star, Chancellors throne room, and the Hard Board.

There are other maps that Republic do well on, these are just the ones I prefer.
Ruhk
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 6:56:47 AM

Transit Station is very good for them, as R2 with Tow and Override can open a lot of doors very quickly.
Squid89
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 8:04:46 AM

If I'm playing a mostly melee Republic squad, hard board starship is nice since it is smaller than the rest. It's open, but if you plan to charge with your melee anyway, it isn't too much of a deterrent. Yoda on Kybuck can really do some damage in round one on this map with an R2 Tow. Death Star is just an all around classic map. It's good to practice on as much as possible, because there is a good chance you'll see it in tourneys.

I recommend reading the article on The Holocron (link in EmporerDragon's post) to see which maps best match melee versus shooters. Then you can match the map to the Republic squad you are using and how aggressive you like to play.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 8:35:05 AM

Well I like Ravaged Base or Throne Room for Melee Republic. Jedi Temple is another good one that is a pretty open map with some doors for melee and is great for yodabuck.