RegisterDonateLogin

Jabba has no time for smugglers who drop their Bloo Milk at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Disintegration Vs. Eternal Hatred Options
adidamps2
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:29:01 PM
Groups: Member

So I am slightly confused on the wording here between thse 2...

Would Darth Sion be defeated if BFBH hit him with a nat 20? or does Darth Sion get full HP when he rolls a 6+?

Quote:
Disintegration
If this character rolls a natural 20 on an attack, the target is defeated

Glossary Text:

If this character rolls a natural 20 on an attack roll, the target character is defeated regardless of its Hit Points. The target is defeated even if it avoids damage with a special ability or Force power. If another character takes the damage from the attack (for example, using the Bodyguard special ability), the other character is defeated instead of the original target.

Against huge or larger targets, the attacker gets +40 Damage instead of defeating the target. (Add the bonus damage after multiplying.)

I guess the confussion is in the wording here...it says that you are defeated even if you avoid the damage, however Darth Sions card says you are 1st defeated then restored to full HP...

Quote:
Eternal Hatred
Force 2: Whenever this character would be defeated, make a save of 6; on a success, this character is restored to full Hit Points instead of being defeated

Glossary Text:

(Force; 2 Force points) If a character with this Force power would be defeated, it makes a save of 6. On a success, the character is not defeated; instead, it remains in play and removes all damage from itself.

I would make the assumeption that if a 6+ was rolled for Eternal Hatred that he would not infact be defeated...and then returned to full HP.

is this correct?
maverick
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:33:17 PM

indeed you are correct. Disintegration does defeat Darth Sion, at that moment(would be defeated) he can make a save of 6+ and instead return to play at full hit points.
adidamps2
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:50:47 PM

So on that note, what Force Powers would the Disintrigration special ability be referring too then?
Draconarius
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:15:47 PM

adidamps2 wrote:
So on that note, what Force Powers would the Disintrigration special ability be referring too then?

Damage prevention abilities such as Lightsaber Deflect, Lightsaber Defence, and Absorb Energy.
adidamps2
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:21:36 PM

ahhh ha...ok. that makes sense.
Zalkrie
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 12:01:18 AM

The key here is that with Eternal hatred, you are not avoiding damage, you are being defeated, but if you roll a 6+, you come back. HELLO again....
adidamps2
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 12:54:36 AM

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure I under stood the wording of the two vs. each other...Thanks for the help here