RegisterDonateLogin

Chocolate milk, strawberry milk. A Jedi craves not these things.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Do posts really get deleted for no reason? Options
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:24:32 PM
Groups: Member

Really? I was trying to tell Frank how to get a hold of Dean and others. That really needed to be deleted. Well all of this is crap and I am done Posting. No I did not delete my own post.Really....................
Edited since I dont know if it was a mod.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:25:49 PM

I got an email when mine was deleted. You might check your inbox.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:28:51 PM

No PM
Weaver
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:29:58 PM

I am also lacking an email, Bloomail, or any other indication of why my message was deleted. Which is somewhat distressing, considering I was just answering a question in a concise, non-inflammatory manner.
dalibins
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:40:23 PM

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:41:20 PM

Maybe it wasn't a mod. Maybe it had something to do with another poster deleting a post that affected yours. Didn't we have a poster once delete an entire thread by deleting his own post? I'd send a pm to one of the mods asking first before jumping to conclusions. I got an email when mine was deleted.
kenred2
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:50:54 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
Really? I was trying to tell Frank how to get a hold of Dean and others. That really needed to be deleted. I like that the mods think they have superpowers. Well all of this is crap and I am done Posting. Really....................

I personally would not delete posts unless there is a personal attack or threat towards another member of the community. Whenever I delete a certain post or thread, I always pm that member about their inappropriate post that violates the 2nd rule of Bloomilk. And usually, I'm the person to help calm the situation. But for posts that gets deleted for no reason, that's not my work and I do not believe it's the work of the other mods. But I do say that the Bloomilk system is still in the works, people who delete their own threads/posts would probably still exist (thus effecting other posts)... but rest assured, such issue will be fixed
ChuckaFett
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 3:02:34 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Mickey wrote:
Maybe it wasn't a mod. Maybe it had something to do with another poster deleting a post that affected yours. Didn't we have a poster once delete an entire thread by deleting his own post? I'd send a pm to one of the mods asking first before jumping to conclusions. I got an email when mine was deleted.

If you quote someone, as I did here, and they delete (or it looks like if they modify) their post I believe yours will disappear as well. Most likely wasn't a mod, if you look at the first post in the thread it looks like Darth Baker edited his original post. That's probably what happened.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 3:40:36 PM

Yeah, with the recent shift in attitude in the boards, the ability to delete one own's post and thus delete all subsequent posts, really needs to be removed.
DARTH BAKER
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:21:42 AM

ChuckaFett wrote:
Mickey wrote:

If you quote someone, as I did here, and they delete (or it looks like if they modify) their post I believe yours will disappear as well. Most likely wasn't a mod, if you look at the first post in the thread it looks like Darth Baker edited his original post. That's probably what happened.

I did not edit my original post. I have no idea what has happened.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:18:50 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

DARTH BAKER wrote:
ChuckaFett wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I did not edit my original post. I have no idea what has happened.

Yeah, we tried it out, and editing a post does not delete the quotations. But, deleting a post will delete any post that has that post quoted. (If that even makes sense!)