RegisterDonateLogin

It's not wise to upset Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Thrawn Swapping? Options
Robin
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 8:50:00 AM
Groups: Member

I had a question about Thrawn. He's ability lets 2 characters within 6 squares of him switch positions.

Question 1: I was wondering if you put mas in there that increases his range to the whole board right. So that now any character you want the switch you can.

Question 2: I was wondering if when you swap the pieces, does this create an attack of oppurtunity, if there is a adjacent character.

I thought that the answer to question one is yes. And i was under the impression that for question 2 it doesn't provide for attacks of oppurtunity, even if they don't have flight.Thanks for answering these questions.

kenred2
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 9:43:14 AM

Robin wrote:
I had a question about Thrawn. He's ability lets 2 characters within 6 squares of him switch positions.

Question 1: I was wondering if you put mas in there that increases his range to the whole board right. So that now any character you want the switch you can.

Question 2: I was wondering if when you swap the pieces, does this create an attack of oppurtunity, if there is a adjacent character.

I thought that the answer to question one is yes. And i was under the impression that for question 2 it doesn't provide for attacks of oppurtunity, even if they don't have flight.Thanks for answering these questions.

1) Not neccessarily, while using Thrawn, characters with the same "base size" must check first before able for your characters to be swapped, thanx to Mas Amedda.

2) Swapped pieces do not generate AoO... they are swapped, not moved
maverick
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 9:53:50 AM

kenred2 wrote:
Robin wrote:

1) Not neccessarily, while using Thrawn, characters with the same "base size" must check first before able for your characters to be swapped, thanx to Mas Amedda.

2) Swapped pieces do not generate AoO... they are swapped, not moved

#1, on top of that, you must be able to count range to both characters you wish to swap. They can't be locked in a room and be swapped out.
Robin
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:31:51 AM

So you're telling me that i have to be able to legally move a character, without going threw doors and walls. However the space that i can move them in unlimited.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:34:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Robin wrote:
So you're telling me that i have to be able to legally move a character, without going threw doors and walls. However the space that i can move them in unlimited.

Yes.
MrSmileys
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:38:04 AM

maverick wrote:
kenred2 wrote:
Robin wrote:
Snip
Snip

#1, on top of that, you must be able to count range to both characters you wish to swap. They can't be locked in a room and be swapped out.

unless of course you have a mouse droid with each of the chars you want to swap. Then they can each be locked in an Individual room. See below diagram

X = Empty square
W = wall
M = mouse
T = thrawn
A = first figure
B = second figure

XDDDDDXDDDDDX DDDDD
XDXXXDX DXMXDX DXMXD
XDXTXDX DXAXDX DXBXD
XDXXXDX DXXXDX DXXXD
XDDDDDXDDDDDX DDDDD

Figure A can be swaped with figure B even though you dont have direct line of effect from thrawn because you count range of the CE from the mouse droids as well as from thrawn.
Moff Ivlis
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:38:05 AM

Robin wrote:

You do not need to be able to make a legal move; for instance, where you have a character surrounded on all sides by enemy miniatures and impassible terrain.

The only requirement is that you be able to benefit from a board-wide commander effect (i.e., no walls and doors between the two swapped pieces and Thrawn).
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 12:12:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

That is a bad distinction. Board wide, or rangeless, CEs are different than the unlimited range Booming Voice creates. Unlimited range requires a clear path to be traced. CEs with no range do not reqiure this.
Robin
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 12:18:10 PM

Ok, so preety much they can be more then six squares away from each other and still swap. They don't have to be within 6 squares of eachother and they don't have to be within 6 squares of thrawn. I could hypothetically swap the two characters from one side of the board to the other, so long as there the same size base. Thanks for all the help so far.
Draconarius
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 1:46:03 PM

Robin wrote:
I could hypothetically swap the two characters from one side of the board to the other, so long as there the same size base.

And so long as you can trace a clear path (ie, no going through walls or closed doors) between Thrawn and the two swappers.