RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Five standing by.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Emperor Palpatine on Throne Options
Joasht
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:55:47 PM
Groups: Member

I just want to clarify some stuff:
1) What does it mean by "cna't combine its own Force points with Emperor Palpatine's"? Does that mean if I want to use an ability I need to pay completely from Palpatine OR the character, I can't like split the cost? Or does it just say Palpy can't use that character's force to use his own abilities?

2) When they say character's in your squad may spend points from Emp Palpy, that means the character still has to start with force points (i.e. you can't have a storm trooper use a force point)?

Thanks!
Darth_Sharatec
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:18:17 PM

1) It means that you can't split the cost.

2) The acting character doesn't need Force Points of his own, so stormtroopers can benefit from this commander effect. Also note that this does not grant the character a force rating, so you can't use abilities like Jedi Hunter against them.
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:18:45 PM

Joasht wrote:
I just want to clarify some stuff:
1) What does it mean by "cna't combine its own Force points with Emperor Palpatine's"? Does that mean if I want to use an ability I need to pay completely from Palpatine OR the character, I can't like split the cost? Or does it just say Palpy can't use that character's force to use his own abilities?

2) When they say character's in your squad may spend points from Emp Palpy, that means the character still has to start with force points (i.e. you can't have a storm trooper use a force point)?

Thanks!

1) Can't combine its own FP with Palpatine's is simple, you cannot use your character that has a FP and combine that with the Emperor's FP's CE for that character to use a Force Power. A character using a force power, can use either from itself or from the Emperor's CE, it cannot be combined whatsoever... however, if a character has MOTF2, that character can spend the required amount of FP for a force power, and spend another required amount of FP for a 2nd force power from the Emperor (the 2nd ability from the MOTF2, must not be an ability that replaces attacks or turn, and not stacking 2 of the same abilities). Understand that, combined/shared FP is not allowed

2) If you are using RS/R&I or IE Palpatine, their CE states "characters" in your squad, regardless of them having a force rating, they can spend FP from either of those 2 CE's provided. However, these characters do not start with FP, nor granting them a force rating, they can only spend FP from one of those Palpatines that is providing that in the CE.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:24:20 PM

the answer to #1.

Paply can one spend his own force points, IE for his lighting, evade saves, or push. He cannot use others force points for himself. The characters cannot split the cost with him, for example: Vader unleashed can not use 2 of his own force points, and 3 or paplys to do his light saber throw. It is either vader spends all 5 pts to use that ability, or he uses 5 of paplys force points for that, but never both.

Second question)

When it says characters in your squad that means anybody that he is teamed up with, period. Both force users, and non-force users alike. The paply for the seps that has about the same ability says that only characters with a force rating can spend this characters force points. In this case, it does not say that, and that is one reason that Paply on throne is so good. I just recently discovered this myself. I though that it was a little weird to have paply up to 20+ force points at the end of a game, what a waste right? But after reading his card, it makes sense to keep him form ending up with all of those unused force points.

I hope this has answered your questions!
Joasht
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:29:54 PM

Good gosh, that opens up so many doors with him!

Just another question, regarding his two force powers; do I need LOS to use them, or just simply have the target within 6 squares?
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:34:00 PM

Joasht wrote:

Just another question, regarding his two force powers; do I need LOS to use them, or just simply have the target within 6 squares?

IE Palpatine's, both force power abilities state "range 6".... it's on the card
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:45:52 PM

kenred2 wrote:
Joasht wrote:

That is where Mas Amedda (the San Fransico treat) comes in!
Joasht
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:49:28 PM

No I mean, do I need to be within 6 squares AND in LOS, or simply 6 squares?

I'm guessing he needs LOS for it as per most ranged attacks, but doesn't hurt to ask :X
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:53:56 PM

Joasht wrote:
No I mean, do I need to be within 6 squares AND in LOS, or simply 6 squares?

I'm guessing he needs LOS for it as per most ranged attacks, but doesn't hurt to ask :X

To use a Force power that has a "range 6" from the ability (not just IE Palpatine), requires both LOS and within 6 squares, counting nearest when "choosing targets"
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:59:08 PM

SithflyonBasilisks wrote:
kenred2 wrote:
Joasht wrote:

That is where Mas Amedda (the San Fransico treat) comes in!

Incorrect, Mas Amedda only works on CE that states "within 6 squares" from that character (providing that CE), for Mas to make it rangeless, but not obstructed by blocked pathways (ex: Doors) where CE's can't get to that character. Mas Amedda does not make Force Powers or SA's rangeless (ex: Czerka Scientist)
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:12:49 PM

yeah, your right, I was thinking about it as an ability
Wysten
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:49:09 PM

SithflyonBasilisks wrote:
the answer to #1.
When it says characters in your squad that means anybody that he is teamed up with, period. Both force users, and non-force users alike. The paply for the seps that has about the same ability says that only characters with a force rating can spend this characters force points. In this case, it does not say that, and that is one reason that Paply on throne is so good. I just recently discovered this myself. I though that it was a little weird to have paply up to 20+ force points at the end of a game, what a waste right? But after reading his card, it makes sense to keep him form ending up with all of those unused force points.

Aye, I've seen it used for the obivious stuff, like a super powered apprentice or to give Jereal effective renewal, but never for the more sutble aspects, like to reroll shooter rolls.

Then again, none of us own Dash, Boba or any of the outstanding Fringe Unique shooters. So thats probably why. Oh how I wish for the day to do away with this unique overpowerment. XD

That being said, Palp is perfect, he is everything battle meditation should be. Using the force to influence a epic battle in his favour. Everyone under his pressence gets more accurate, with a reroll and force users having almost unlimited power. Brillent card, brillent, powerful, yet fresh ability. I, if I owned him, would just use his force points for practically anything. ^^

Sithborg
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 1:21:25 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Unless it says otherwise, a power that targets a character follows the targetting rules, which includes LOS.