RegisterDonateLogin

You want this...don't you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Card scans Options
Dead horse
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 12:51:46 AM
Groups: Member

I took a break from collecting minis for most of the year due to work & whatnot, but just before that I won an ebay auction for some suspiciously cheap VRs. When they arrived I realized it was just the mini, no cards, and I hadn't read the description well enough (it was in high-lariously broken English).

Anyways, figured I'd scan the cards, print up a reproduction, trade off the complete ones, and just make sure that my opponents were okay with me not having the real card. But Captain Rex has been a pain in the hole to get hold of, and I find myself wondering if I really need to trade off a bunch of stuff for it. Is there somewhere online with a reasonable scan of the cards? I seem to remember seeing them back when I first got into this but I can't find anything now. If I could do that instead of prowling the boards for trades that'd just be phenomenal.

Also, would any of you have a problem playing me with one or two facsimile cards if I told you beforehand?
Squid89
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 1:12:27 AM

The printed cards would not be legal for a DCI tourney whether your opponent was ok with it or not. If you are just playing casually at home or a LGS, it should be fine. You should definitely check with an opponent first or the LGS owner to be sure it is not a DCI event and you show up unable to use your pieces.

Hothie has an orphaned card thread on the Wizards board under the SWM Tradehouse forum which might help.

You probably won't find online scans as that is a breech of copyright issues and most people won't take the chance of posting them. The stats are all readily available and I've seen blank templates of the cards before that you can edit your stats on for ones you can't make copies of yourself. That's also a copyright issue, but that's up to you.

I would suggest the orphaned list and then maybe borrow the one or two you need to play on any given date at a LGS.
The Madman
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 2:11:24 AM

to Squid you should listen!

the best, and most reasonable place to get your cards back is the Orphan list
it may be time consuming but it's more reliable than using printed cards only to have them rejected

tip:
1) be aggressive
no one is going to seek you out on the list for an easy trade
make it worthwhile to get what you want

Mickey
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 3:16:59 AM

Sdexam here does some nice reprints if that is the route you want to take.
Dead horse
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 12:05:46 PM

Thanks for the advice, guys. I forgot that I'm on the orphan list and got a few cards off there (Boba Merc) but a lot of people just didn't respond. I'll check it again as well as look for blank templates and Sdexam.