RegisterDonateLogin

Does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : On use, or more?
Choice Votes Statistics
1 use 0 0.000000 %
more 30 100.000000 %

Reserves one use only? Options
Shadowdragon
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 2:09:14 PM
Groups: Member

Are Reserves one use only? I don't think so, but I don't know.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 2:16:12 PM

No you can bring in reserves as many times as you want as long as you roll the right intiative check. Also remember, some figures have for example Fring Reserves 20 & Fringe Reserves 30 which all fall under you needing to roll an 11 for intiative. So lets say you have two figures with the same reserves lets say Lobot CLO & Xizor,You cant stack both reserves so you would go with the highest being Lobot's 30 fringe reserves.

Basically each round you have a chance to bring in 1 set of reserves. If you have Recon on your team then you make double init. rolls choosing whichever roll you like. So if between both rolls you get 2 different numbers resulting in 2 different figure's reserves, then you only choose one. Look at it like you are only able to get 1 set of reserves each init. but you can do it every round not just once a game.

& last, Reserves are different than Reinforcements. With Reinforcements you can have mutiple figures on your squad with that, that allows you to automatically bring in the reinforcements amount stated on the stat card after both squads are shown to eachother but before the match begins. hope that helps..
Draconarius
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 2:53:17 PM

Darth Percocet wrote:
No you can bring in reserves as many times as you want as long as you roll the right intiative check. Also remember, some figures have for example Fring Reserves 20 & Fringe Reserves 30 which all fall under you needing to roll an 11 for intiative. So lets say you have two figures with the same reserves lets say Lobot CLO & Xizor,You cant stack both reserves so you would go with the highest being Lobot's 30 fringe reserves.

Basically each round you have a chance to bring in 1 set of reserves. If you have Recon on your team then you make double init. rolls choosing whichever roll you like. So if between both rolls you get 2 different numbers resulting in 2 different figure's reserves, then you only choose one. Look at it like you are only able to get 1 set of reserves each init. but you can do it every round not just once a game.

& last, Reserves are different than Reinforcements. With Reinforcements you can have mutiple figures on your squad with that, that allows you to automatically bring in the reinforcements amount stated on the stat card after both squads are shown to eachother but before the match begins. hope that helps..

Actually, you can bring in multiple lots of reserves, you can't stack them together.

For example, if you had CLObot and Xizor, you could bring in two seperate lots of 30, but you couldn't bring in one big lot of 60.
Xeonaught
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 4:11:43 PM

yea you can bring in two sets. but you will have 20 from xizor and 30 from lobot so in other words a guard doid for lobot and a bbsv for xizor
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 5:08:29 PM

hmm i didnt know that, i know you cant add reserves together for one big piece, but everytime i built squads on here way back when, i got told that you have to choose the highest.. i dunno, sounds like stacking to me.. but ill go by what you say.. so i guess my fault for the bad info lol
kenred2
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 5:18:03 PM

Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 5:23:59 PM

i just checked it out, thanx ken red for that...

See thats when stuff gets confusing, even though emp explained it as looking at it like its 2 diff sets, it still looks like stacking, its like WOTC just makes up stuff for no reason lol ya know.. thanx ken
seibermaki
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 6:41:36 PM

oh god, this applies to me THIS week... shhh, don't tell.... ;) and I just made 3 squads all the while forgetting I should be getting LOBOT...
Shadowdragon
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:42:51 PM

Stupid me also asked this on WOTC, got the same answer. But a good answer. Go Reserves!