RegisterDonateLogin

Many Bothans died to bring us this Milk...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Opportunist and Opportunist 20 Stacking Options
RogueThirteen
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:19:09 PM
Groups: Member

I'm trying to understand the stacking rules, and think I have a good grasp. But what about special abilities that have distinct names, but seem the same. I would assume they stack, but wouldn't be surprised if some ruling I have missed prevents it.

For instance,

Would a Human Scoundrel with Opportunist +20 in a squad with Thrawn (IE) who grants Opportunist get the effects of both if attacking an activated character?

ie, would the Scoundrel be attacking with a cumulative +8 Att / +30 Damage bonus from both versions of Opportunist?

If so, they might almost be playable with some Czerkas so they're twining at +13 Attack for 40 Damage with each shot for 12 points.
kenred2
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:29:52 PM

RogueThirteen wrote:
I'm trying to understand the stacking rules, and think I have a good grasp. But what about special abilities that have distinct names, but seem the same. I would assume they stack, but wouldn't be surprised if some ruling I have missed prevents it.

For instance,

Would a Human Scoundrel with Opportunist +20 in a squad with Thrawn (IE) who grants Opportunist get the effects of both if attacking an activated character?

ie, would the Scoundrel be attacking with a cumulative +8 Att / +30 Damage bonus from both versions of Opportunist?

If so, they might almost be playable with some Czerkas so they're twining at +13 Attack for 40 Damage with each shot for 12 points.

Special Abilities that share the same name whether having Opportunist +20 and reg. opportunist, it violates the stacking rule... you chose higher of the 2 abilities
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:34:25 PM

opportunist itself cannot be stacked with a lesser opportunist, in this case, you take the greater of the abilities.
being that it is the same named ability, you can never add them up to get the greatest of the bonus.
Take a Battle Droid officer, he has fire control (grants a +4 to non unique droid followers,) and its an abiltity, not a CE.
then you take Grievous droid army commander, whose CE states that Droid Followers gain twin, +4 +4.
one is an ability, the other is a CE, therefore they stack, even if they add the same unnamed stats to your attack.