RegisterDonateLogin

Just like Aunt Beru used to make.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Reinventing the Faction. Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:48:48 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, Gaw has come out, and Dark Times is right around the corner.
What factions have you guys started using again, or just started using?
I.E, " I used to hate rebels, but now theyre my favorite faction to run!"

for me, it has to be separatists, i used to ALWAYS hate seps, but now that i have GGDAC, and a bunch of pieces from GAW, they have easily taken the helm from my Mandalorians (Disgraceful, i know, lol)
So what Im getting at is, what new pieces in the last year have drawn you to a certain faction?
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:58:50 AM

I started useing seps and rep alot more.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:20:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Basically the whole set was seps and reps, so that makes sense.
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:23:50 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Basically the whole set was seps and reps, so that makes sense.

Well I dont just mean form GAW I would say from CW on.
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:40:07 AM

I started with a focus on Imps and NR, but over the last year I've been playing/collecting a lot more Republic than ever before. NR is still tops for me though.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:44:16 AM

I never really used the NR before JA. Then I got Kol, and started using them alot. However, I have been running basically only republic after GAW. Hope to switch back soon!
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:15:19 AM

I have found the more sets that come out the more I play around with all the factions. My boy and I have been trying to make squads based off of figs you hardly see just for some variety.
Weaver
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:43:07 AM

I started playing around Jedi Academy, so it's not so much of a big change, but after pulling Rieekan and trading for an R2 Astromech Droid I find myself playing Rebels and Republic more. No surprise, I suppose.
joelker41
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:05:53 AM

I really used to love OR and Seps before they were cool. I braved it with Bastila + Jedi Sentinels and Bespin Guards (the originals) and tried my best to make it work...to no avail lol.

I also loved the Wat Tambor/Viper squads when he first came out, ran him with a Droid Starfighter in Walking Mode behind it so you has to shoot the Viper. Droid Mark was actually competitive at one point in time lol.

Then I fell into the Republic/NR/Rebel trap for a while and tried to be more competitive than losing with fun squads and it was an interesting jaunt for sure, won a good amount of tournies and the Bloomilk Championship.

Now though, I mostly pick a figure and build around them.

Right now I am on a serious Sep kick since Whorm took CS Aurra from average (sad such a great mini fell so far) to excellent and all it took was doubling her damage output lol. Couple Whorm with Aurra, Tyrannous LotDS, and San Hill and you can take on a lot of different squads. Lots of HP and HIGH defenses make them pretty defensible as well.

If the Jedi Watchman is good it might get me playing OR again. Finally owning every OR piece opened that door so I can play virtually any combo of them, but they lack a utility attacker that I hope the Watchman is.

IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:19:08 AM

I started using Rebels some more and Republic a lot more than I ever used to (thanks to GaW).
darkjacen
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:39:53 AM

Thanks to Whorm Loathsom I've started using my seps more the past month. He single handedly brought more playability to the many count dookus available. Also with chepa CE spread and override available, I've been using my Old Republic stuff more.
blainesmom
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:52:30 AM

darkjacen wrote:
Thanks to Whorm Loathsom I've started using my seps more the past month. He single handedly brought more playability to the many count dookus available. Also with chepa CE spread and override available, I've been using my Old Republic stuff more.

i agree with you there, also i have started playing durge jedi hhunter since then with him and seperatist commandos
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:15:33 PM

Regardless of the new pieces available from the new sets, I will always enjoy playing New Republic and perhaps........ Rebels
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:22:24 PM

After Seps, its had to be Rebel Kota squads for me. Im on a Huge Kota Kick at the moment, and Boba Merc just loves Kota's and Rieekans CEs together.
I was briefly running Clones right after GaW, but they have Kinda dissappointing me (Im just not running them correctly,except YoBuck.)
I havent really ran Whorm much (I just got GGdac a month and a half ago), but i intend on running him with Durge and Boba Enforcer with some IG 86s.
I sure do love my Lancers and Mandos though!
Wysten
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:03:05 PM

Namely the republic, I started with Mandos, then I pulled Captain Argus, stared at him blankly, muttered that I should have at least pulled somethng I recongise then played in the toureny.

Unless Ventrss, he and the Senate commando were pretty much my only saving grace, got a second commando and Obi together, ran them togther with doombot and I was very plensently suprised.

So in a sence, I am Republican for smirfs.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:16:20 AM

I ran Commandos for awhile, and though they hit ridiculously hard, they have a hard time staying alive. running 4 of them is 80 points if yer running queen amidala, but thats still too many points. i ran 2 of them as well, and they just become targets, or my opponent sets up against them.
so with that said, The Senate commandos have frustrated me.
Now ARF troopers on the other hand.....Very Nice and cheap! throw in Bacara, and its a tea party!