RegisterDonateLogin

Can't see a thing in this helmet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lancer against Lancer: a maneuver Options
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 9:13:31 AM
Groups: Member

I was privileged enough to play against Billiv today on Vassal. I would like to relate a maneuver that I thought of as quite brilliant. We did not have time to finish the match, but this part was still very engaging. We ended up with two droid armies on Ravaged base. His squad included an X-1, a Lancer, Loathsom, San Hill, and R7 astromech, a BD Officer, a BD Sargeant, two IG assassin droids, Gha Nachkt, mouse droids, battle droids, and an ugnaught or two. ( I may have forgotten something, but thats what was important) I had a Lancer, CS Sidious, GGDAC, an IG assassin droid, Gha Nachkt, a BD Officer, an R7 astro, nine BDs, two Mousies, and an Ugnaught. It was interesting that I rolled a 1 on the first two turns of the round, but had no San Hill. Crying

I set up in the left side, inside the cargo bays, and bill set up oustide. I moved Grievous, an IG and some BDs throught the north hallway and set up the lancer, Sidious and Nachkt in the top right corner of the central cargo bay. The R7, a mousie and 2 BDs were in the bottom right corner of the central cargo bay. He ended round 1 with his R7 locking the main door in the middle of the map, with his lancer right next to the door. The rest of his pieces (except maybe an uggie in the command center) were still outside the base. His San Hill really interacted with the next few activations. He made me go first (I got a 1, remember?) so I spun my BDO. He then activated one of his tempo pieces (probably San) and it was my turn. I realized that I couldn't override the door open and kill his lancer in one turn, and that once he outactivated me, he could strafe almost all of my squad. I decided to take advantage of his slow reaction time. I took the two BDs in the bottom right corner of the central cargo bay and used them to open the two doors of the security station. He couldn't shoot my BDs, and overriding the security door shut would open the door in front of his lancer, making it an easy target. So Bill swooped his lancer through the security station and back, knocking out my BDs. "No problem" I thought "if nothing else his lancer is activated this round." I moved a mouse to open the nearer door of the security station, then moved my R7 into position to override the second one open. Now he was in a fix and couldn't do anything about it, so he used up another activation outside. My turn, the moment of glory! Sidious activated my lancer, who moved through the security station, thwacking Bill's lancer twice and killing a mouse droid, an ugnaught, and his R7 by the entrance. The Lancer then activated, going back the way he came, killing his lancer and parking in front of Gha for a tune-up.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:51:01 PM
Groups: Member

Im surprised that worked as well as it did on R Base.
ive always been sketchy about running my Lancer on that.
but it sounds like you worked the kinks out with D control.
good stuff, ill have to try that with Sithy