RegisterDonateLogin

Is supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Public viewed squads without ratings Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:14:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm not sure if this has been suggested...

I was wondering if we could have the option to post squads publically, but not allow them to be rated. That way you don't have to worry about ratings but the squads can still be searched. Wink

Thanks for reading. BlooMilk
Huk
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:03:32 AM

just a friendly bump... (due to being suggested by other members)
MrSmileys
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 3:41:22 AM
Groups: Member

I agree with this idea. It will accomplish two things; first it will make it so if you have a really creative idea that you want to share with people but you dont like getting 1s on your squad you turn off the rating, second, this removes a bunch of "Fun" squads from the competitive rating system so that players who are rating squads can focus purely on the competitiveness of said squads. This system would put more responsibility on the creator of the squads and not on the rater and would mostly eliminate the creators right to complain if their "Fun" squad idea got a 1 or 2.
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:43:40 AM

There could be different squad types so when it is created you can select competitive or casual. Competitive can be rated and casual has no rating. That would give another search option as well.
curler88j
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:51:29 AM

good idea this is, solve some of the problem it may
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:52:48 AM

Just another push to the top...given all the hubbub about ratings...
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:57:54 AM

I like the casual and competitive idea.
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:13:50 PM

Mickey wrote:
There could be different squad types so when it is created you can select competitive or casual. Competitive can be rated and casual has no rating. That would give another search option as well.

Good Idea Mickey
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:17:06 PM

I'm just going to suggest that the recent "hub bub" had nothing to do with squad ratings at all. Not that I think this is a particularly bad idea, in fact I would support it. I particularly like Mickey's idea of naming squad types. This would make searching that much better of a resource.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:23:34 PM

Why not make the rating public? Wouldn't that keep people a little more honest?
The Madman
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:30:55 PM

Mickey wrote:

I like this idea too
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 1:17:37 PM

That's actually a great idea. People can still get ideas for squads without worrying about the 1's.
Ruhk
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:37:36 PM

I'm a big fan of added complexity.. so in my mind there are a variety of decent solutions.

1. No Ratings at all
2. Option to have public squads that can, or cannot be rated.
3. No more anonymous ratings, allow the names of the rating givers to be seen by the creator
4. As suggested above, differentiate between competitive and casual builds
5. Require a comment to be made in order for you to give a rating.

That's a bout all that's in my head right now. I'm a big Fan of #5 on the list.. maybe even add in a 10 character minimum to avoid 1 character posts.. at least force people to leave 'good squad' or bad squad, don't like it' comments. (even if, yes such comments are not helpful).
shinja
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:44:04 PM
Groups: Administration

I'm still trying to figure out what's going to be the best solution for this issue.

Here are a bunch of random plans I have for squads in the future, that are probably relevant to this discussion:
- Ability for creator to "tag" a squad with certain descriptive tags (competitive, casual, theme, special rules competition, limited collection, etc.). Tags would then be part of the Squad Search function.
- "Friends" system on the site. You'll be able to add users as friends, then specify rules for squads like: "Public", "Only Visible to Friends", or "Private". You could also set up notifications for when your Friends post new squads or new comments. I'm also contemplating "Enemies" that would be a list of users that wouldn't be allowed to rate or comment on your squads.
- Make all private squads show up in the search results, but with no user name attached, (and possibly the squad name obscured). So you could see what kinds of squads people were building, but you wouldn't necessarily know who was building them. This solves several problems (and creates some new ones...).
- Add a Report button to squad comments to alert a mod if someone is breaking the rules.
- Add X-Box 360 style achievements to the site that reward people for participating in different ways (building squads, rating characters/squads, commenting, posting in the forums).
- Add a way to rate comments (probably just thumbs up or thumbs down). A person whose comments receive a lot of approval may have their ratings count for more weight toward the Average Rating of the squad.
- Option to show your rating in your comment. So when you're posting a squad comment, you can check the checkbox to show your rating, and it will be displayed with your comment on that squad.
- Ability to define certain characters of a squad you're creating as the "core" of the squad, then compare your core squad to others on Bloo Milk with the same core, and see the different support options used. You'd also be able to click on a button the View Squad page to create a new squad with the same core as a squad you were viewing.
- Ability to specifically flag a squad you've created as wanting feedback (comments and/or ratings). Then add a page to see squads that have requested feedback. Maybe have the flag go away after a few comments are added, but the creator can turn it back on if they still want more input.
- Somehow indicate comments that were made before a squad was changed (so referencing an earlier version of the squad).

Wow, I gotta stop now, but I have more. Anybody else have any other ideas?
trick624
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:49:24 PM

I just want to say thanks to you sir for having an awesome site.
trick624
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:56:22 PM

sorry for the double post

heres some thoughts:
maybe limiting people to how many squads they can have being rated at one time. they can still have all their squads created and maybe only a certain amount per day or per week.

instead of "enemies" maybe something a little more friendlier...maybe have the ability to create a clan and your friends/allies who are in the clan can create or use a crest (an exisiting star wars one, or a created one) and those who you don't want in your clan could only rate upon request.

some more ideas later. will pm them to you