RegisterDonateLogin

Crack open a bottle of Tatooine's finest.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Pics and cards: ARF Trooper, Gungan BH, Togorian Soldier, Trianii Scout, Veers Options
headache62
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:17:13 PM
Groups: Member

Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:26:20 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I think I found the perfect grunt for Asajj, SL. Flurry, Deadly, + Vicious = Fun. Add in some evade.

One thing I've noticed, is that there is a lot of Yobuck hate. The 2 Jedi Hunters are super ideal, both the Togarian and the Trianni can survive one attack and give a deadly AoO.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:44:05 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Thanks for the link headache!
I like the bravado ability!
Draconarius
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:08:32 PM

Interesting. The Gungan Bounty Hunter could have applications. A potential +10 attack on a 9-pointer is decent. However, the only problem I see is that the Kel Dor Bounty Hunter already exists. For only 4 more points, you get double the attack, Stealth, and Self Destruct 40.

The Togorian is going to be quite nasty as a Reserves or Reinforcement piece. Bravado--as Sithborg mentioned--could give Yobuck something to think about. For that matter, it could pin down any number of larger pieces, forcing your opponent to either take a 30 damage AoO or waste their attacks on a small fry. Awesome.

The Trianii Scout is interesting. A nice little self-sufficient grunt that could work well at pinning down Mice and some larger characters. Add IE Thrawn and you've got a +16 for 30 AoO. Not bad at all.

Curses... Veers only works on non-Uniques. There goes my mobile Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter. Oh well, for 12 points, he is going to be awesome in combination with Shock Troopers. The only problem I've had with them is that quad attackers are rolling enough to be able to get an 18+ eventually. Now, you miss the first shot, and the Shock Trooper ducks out of LoS, denying you any further ones. Nice. It's a pity he wouldn't work as well with an AT-ST; their defence is too low for the CE to kick in often at all. Maybe if you used GA Thrawn, as well...
Roque Saber
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:13:41 PM

Nice to see stats for all these pieces. Love the new ARF sculpt. (why UC?? Why??) The Trianni still looks like it should have Stealth...
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:11:43 PM

Sithborg wrote:
I think I found the perfect grunt for Asajj, SL. Flurry, Deadly, + Vicious = Fun. Add in some evade.

One thing I've noticed, is that there is a lot of Yobuck hate. The 2 Jedi Hunters are super ideal, both the Togarian and the Trianni can survive one attack and give a deadly AoO.

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the Trianii. I get the sense they were designed with Asajj in mind.
darkjacen
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:06:08 PM

Nice! I can't wait to test those Togorian scouts, them and Whorm will make a fine squad. The Trianni isn't half bad either, those in a squad with Leia would be fun to run.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:13:46 PM

Im lovin that ARFs are getting love in 2 back to back sets.
to me, the Togorian is the new kel dor, minus Boom 40. his boom is more aggressive and in yer face. "huh? whats that" O! bravado, gots tonz of it, lets do this"
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:19:04 PM

Boushh looks like fun too. Grenades 40 again kind of the same as the last one if im not mistaken just with more HP. Grendes 40 is really cool with tarpals.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:20:11 PM

Weeks wrote:
Boushh looks like fun too. Grenades 40 again kind of the same as the last one if im not mistaken just with more HP. Grendes 40 is really cool with tarpals.

you arent mistaken.
to me, that was her/hims downfall. not enough HP, but alot of Boom....save 11.
JFisto
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:42:19 AM

how can you read that on the link above all of the card and figs are squeezed sideways?
JFisto
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:44:55 AM

nevermind
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:45:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Click one on one of the images. A larger image will pop up.
JFisto
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:49:44 AM

ya i figured that one out. I'm more the kinda guy that looks at it once then asks questions instead of exploring it.