RegisterDonateLogin

Wars not make one great. (But Bloo Milk does.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

combining fire Options
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:22:38 AM
Groups: Member

This might have been addressed before, and I am sure if I searched hard enough, I could find the answer. However, this is fast and easy....

I have a combining fire scenario, A charater is more than six inches away and has stealth, so he can not be shot at unless the shooter has accurate shot. Can a figure that does not have accurate shot combine fire with the accurate shooter? I would think not because I thought both charaters combining fire must be able to legally shoot the character. What do you all think......
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:33:07 AM

any non-melee piece can combine fire.Cool
the more the merrierOMG
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:44:25 AM

The enemy character does not need to be a legal target for the characters combining fire, only LOS is needed.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:44:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Zalkrie wrote:
This might have been addressed before, and I am sure if I searched hard enough, I could find the answer. However, this is fast and easy....

I have a combining fire scenario, A charater is more than six inches away and has stealth, so he can not be shot at unless the shooter has accurate shot. Can a figure that does not have accurate shot combine fire with the accurate shooter? I would think not because I thought both charaters combining fire must be able to legally shoot the character. What do you all think......

The only requirements for the (non-melee) character(s) combining fire with the main attacker are LoS to the target, and a printed damage value higher than 0. Well, that and they must not have been activated already in that round... but I'm sure you knew that Smile
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:11:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Hmm...for some insane reason I thought to combine fire with a character using Accurate Shot, you needed another Accurate Shot character.
Combined Fire just got so much better for me... (and I'm always reminding people to use it...just not effectively!)
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:52:42 AM

Combined Fire is one of the things that actually makes sense logically in the game, so it's easy to think of it this way.

The target character has Stealth and is in hiding. Han Solo is trying to shoot at said character. A Rebel Trooper is also standing near by, and has LOS to where the Stealth guy is hiding, but can't quite see him, because his vision is just not as keen as Han's. But, Han wants some help hitting that target. So, to make sure said target doesn't move at the last second or anything like that, Han tells the Rebel Trooper to start shooting in the general direction of the Stealth guy. Then, while the Stealth guy is pinned down under the cover fire, Han draws up a bead on him, and pegs him with a head shot. :)

Think of Combined Fire more like multiple people shooting in the same general direction such that the enemy has no where to run, and is thus an easier target for the main shooter.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:20:03 AM

Thank you Aaron....that makes perfect sense. That is how we played it, but I wanted to double check...
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 3:36:30 AM

I like to think of combined fire as suppressing fire or cover fire. You just spray in that general direction but don't actually see the target in the hope of causing them to take a defensive posture which gives the actual shooter a clean shot.