RegisterDonateLogin

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ferus Olin revealed Options
Weaver
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:22:02 PM
Groups: Member

Agree or disagree on his usefulness, second that thanks for Falconjo.
headache62
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:57:44 PM

Tirade wrote:

I believe you are overthinking Ferus. The BG possibility alone makes him worth it. He actually has a higher HP to cost ratio than the standard Human BG. Even if he betrays, it might not be the end of the world. If he has been towed by Doombot, he might have already taken down a piece like Rex or Dash.

I think he is great for his cost. He is way better than Visas. He's beefier and has more of an offensive punch. She's basically a counter-stealth piece in my mind (that's her only big role).

EDIT: Should also note I felt Visas was overpriced back when KotOR came out. She should be at the low end of 20. Probably about 20-22 at cost. There's just not enough faction support for a cost of 29 to make sense.

He's definitely better than Visas - they both play a bodyguard support role, but Visas's (is that right?) anti-stealth capabilities are only useful if your opponent has stealth figures. Ferus is a good bodyguard and an excellent clean up attacker, which will always be useful.

I don't think that Visas is overpriced - however, her cost-effectiveness increases exponentially when used against the proper squad. Would you disagree that she's very useful against a Nom Bomb SS Squad?

The difference is that Visas, beyond a bodyguard, is only situationally effective. Ferus will be very useful, and you're right in that if he has already taken out Cad Bane or another expensive power shooter, I'd be ok if he betrayed. I wouldn't ever want it to happen, but if he's earned his points back then I'll be ok. In the right squad, Ferus will be able to dish out a ton of damage for his cost - I'd have to do some checking, but I think in his price range he has the highest damage output on his own, let alone with the proper support.

The more I think about it, the more I like him. He'll be a good addition, and I hope that he is proven to be effective as time goes by.
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:06:56 PM

headache62 wrote:
Tirade wrote:

I believe you are overthinking Ferus. The BG possibility alone makes him worth it. He actually has a higher HP to cost ratio than the standard Human BG. Even if he betrays, it might not be the end of the world. If he has been towed by Doombot, he might have already taken down a piece like Rex or Dash.

I think he is great for his cost. He is way better than Visas. He's beefier and has more of an offensive punch. She's basically a counter-stealth piece in my mind (that's her only big role).

EDIT: Should also note I felt Visas was overpriced back when KotOR came out. She should be at the low end of 20. Probably about 20-22 at cost. There's just not enough faction support for a cost of 29 to make sense.

He's definitely better than Visas - they both play a bodyguard support role, but Visas's (is that right?) anti-stealth capabilities are only useful if your opponent has stealth figures. Ferus is a good bodyguard and an excellent clean up attacker, which will always be useful.

I don't think that Visas is overpriced - however, her cost-effectiveness increases exponentially when used against the proper squad. Would you disagree that she's very useful against a Nom Bomb SS Squad?

The difference is that Visas, beyond a bodyguard, is only situationally effective. Ferus will be very useful, and you're right in that if he has already taken out Cad Bane or another expensive power shooter, I'd be ok if he betrayed. I wouldn't ever want it to happen, but if he's earned his points back then I'll be ok. In the right squad, Ferus will be able to dish out a ton of damage for his cost - I'd have to do some checking, but I think in his price range he has the highest damage output on his own, let alone with the proper support.

The more I think about it, the more I like him. He'll be a good addition, and I hope that he is proven to be effective as time goes by.

That's just it though, about Visas. She is very situational. I love Force Sense and It's a Trap, but they certainly aren't abilities she will always be using. Also, if you are worried about a Nom squad, there are cheap Fringe options now. I believe the Treadwell Droid has It's a Trap. I love Force Sense, but she only has 2 FPs for it. You have to be very careful when you decide to use Force Sense. Not to mention Force Sense doesn't work against Nom or the other Vong faction characters. There are ultimately only 3 squads I would find her to be useful against Stealth: Bacara squads, Nyna squads and Nom squads. I'm probably being too harsh on her, though Flapper.

Both of us can agree that Ferus can be useful in far more squads. Plus I like the idea of him betraying with very little HPs. That's a good target for your remaining squad.
Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:57:10 PM

I imagine I will enjoy using this one, like many rebels, he's fairly small in price. But sweet Jesus, what a well concentrated package of abilitys we have here. Beefy defence, HP and attack for 27 points, along with Dark temptation which causes his damage to rocket and access to two of the strongest factions... Pretty interesting.

He's one thats alright on his own, but considering his access to evade, mobile/greater mobile, swap, momentum, he's definately one of those charcters to mull over, and in all honesty is probably best compared to Kol skywalker, only this one can beat much harder as a last resort and has slightly smaller stats.

Definately one of the interesting pieces of the set, again, I doubt he will overhaul the game like both incarnations of Obi-Wan, but like Kir, I really feel he has his place somewhere and will change the game in his own way. Finally, a double attacker worth being scaried about! XD
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:03:34 AM

Definitely like him overall, and I made some further comments about him over at Gamers.

But since the pictures are over here, I just have to ask....what the heck did they screw up on the LS Block definition?? LOL
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:15:58 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Definitely like him overall, and I made some further comments about him over at Gamers.

But since the pictures are over here, I just have to ask....what the heck did they screw up on the LS Block definition?? LOL

I didn't even notice the LS Block boo boo on the card. At least that's not a new force power. We are all familiar with how LS Block works.

I'm liking the EU characters in this set. Dass, Bomo and Ferus are great additions to the game. Even Kir Kanos is a good add, albeit boring.

@Falconjo - I can't quite make out the flavor text on Olin's card. What does it say?
Falconjo
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 5:24:54 AM

the flavor txt is "If the jedi ever need me. I'll be there."
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:33:42 AM

Falconjo wrote:
the flavor txt is "If the jedi ever need me. I'll be there."

Thank you for the flavor text. Very appropriate for Ferus. Love the character and the game stats. Thanks again Falconjo.