Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:30:08 AM
Groups: Member

LOL ThumpUp
joelker41
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 7:47:44 AM

Name: Joel
Where I live: Lynnwood, WA
Play/collect: I collect the pieces I want or would play primarily, then fill in with stuff I win or trade.
I prefer competitive minis because I like to play games at thr highest level.
Other stuff: HeroClix (semifinalist at the world championships), StarCraft the board game, Fantasy Football/Basketball, NBA (Go Mavericks!), and gaming in general at board game night (no RPGs....HATE RPGs).

I am a nice guy if you get to know me, if I critique a squad harshly forgive me my brain is all about optimization.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 9:11:26 AM

Name: Jim

Where I live: Mechanicsburg Pa.

Education: BS degree in Prof. Ministry with a minor in Psychology
(I am a former teacher)

Play/Collect: I play when I can, trying to keep a small but solid StarWars group alive in Central Pa. My collection is large because I also enjoy mass battles and scenarios, which I've run at local miniatures conventions. I like DCI play and have become a T.O. Whether it is casual or competitive I just like playing the game. I went to GenCon for the first time in '09 and look forward to '10...maybe travelling with Zalkrie! I'm also working with Zalkrie, his LGS owner, and Jim Fraser to bring a regional qualifier there. (An hour south of me.)

What else do I do for fun? Sports was always big until my rotator cuff gave me trouble. I have stopped playing softball and have not played table tennis competitively for many years. I play a lot of 'Euro Games' like Medici, Puerto Rico, Settlers, Tigris and Euphrates and the like. I enjoy creative writing and have had a few things published. (I wrote an article titled 'Growing the Game' which is posted under 'Articles' on SWMGamers.) I also enjoy watching my Phillies and Dallas Cowboys. (It was perfect irony that for quite a few years I was the UPS driver delivering to the Redskins training camp.)
Emissary
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 3:28:53 PM

First Name: Andrew (I prefer Andy)

Where I live: Kannapolis, NC. although I'm originally from Collinsville, IL (outside of St. Louis, MO)

Family: One sister in Ohio and the rest of the family is in Southern Illinois

Education: Some college, Cisco certified CCNA and MOUS Certified in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint

Player/Collector: I play more than I collect. Just can't spend the time/money to collect every single piece from all the sets. Amazingly though...I am just a few away from completing IE.

Other fun things: My other passions are just browsing the Internet for things to read or watch on YouTube. When not doing those things I'm usually watching some sort of anime either on TV or what I've got on my PC.

I'm an avid video gamer. I've played Phantasy Star Online for the GameCube and it led me to the world of MMOs. I can be found in both Final Fantasy XI and Guild Wars. Tried WoW and just couldn't get into it. My other choices for games are all over the spectrum. From shooters to puzzle games and the non MMO RPGs that are out there. While I lived in IL I did get into the Star Wars RPG. Had a lot of fun there and hopefully someday I'll find a group out here willing to play.

trappedslider
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 3:51:24 PM

First Name: Eric
Where you live: Roswell,New mexico (yes really do live there)
Do you play SWM or collect?: a little of both
What else do you do for fun?:Play halo 3,fable II,WoW,d20 modewrn,SWRPG,MtG,read,risk,counter strike soruce,Half life 2,Portal,
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 1:46:02 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Name: Jim

Where I live: Mechanicsburg Pa.

Education: BS degree in Prof. Ministry with a minor in Psychology
(I am a former teacher)

Play/Collect: I play when I can, trying to keep a small but solid StarWars group alive in Central Pa. My collection is large because I also enjoy mass battles and scenarios, which I've run at local miniatures conventions. I like DCI play and have become a T.O. Whether it is casual or competitive I just like playing the game. I went to GenCon for the first time in '09 and look forward to '10...maybe travelling with Zalkrie! I'm also working with Zalkrie, his LGS owner, and Jim Fraser to bring a regional qualifier there. (An hour south of me.)

What else do I do for fun? Sports was always big until my rotator cuff gave me trouble. I have stopped playing softball and have not played table tennis competitively for many years. I play a lot of 'Euro Games' like Medici, Puerto Rico, Settlers, Tigris and Euphrates and the like. I enjoy creative writing and have had a few things published. (I wrote an article titled 'Growing the Game' which is posted under 'Articles' on SWMGamers.) I also enjoy watching my Phillies and Dallas Cowboys. (It was perfect irony that for quite a few years I was the UPS driver delivering to the Redskins training camp.)

w00t w00t! REDSKINS!!! ThumbsUp Sounds like a full life! BigGrin
sharron
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 7:05:06 PM

Name: Aaron

live in: wellington, New zealand

not married, luckily. heh heh

i collect them to play... if that makes sense...? i love this game. it is epic.

i play cricket for fun. i like to think im pretty good at it... but i m probably not. lol! i would like to play for my country when im older. :) idolize umar ackmal atm, but you guys probably have no idea what im talking about..... sorry!
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:36:45 PM

sharron wrote:

i play cricket for fun. i like to think im pretty good at it... but i m probably not. lol! i would like to play for my country when im older. :) idolize umar ackmal atm, but you guys probably have no idea what im talking about..... sorry!

Always wanted to try that game, i've heard cricket matches can go on for a very long time.
Glympse
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:45:07 AM

First Name: Steve
Where you live: Redmond, WA
Family: Single, but soon to be engaged.
Occupation: Maintenance worker for a massive housing development
Education: Associates Degree at Bellevue Community College
Do you play SWM or collect?: Both. But also use them for SW RPGing!
What else do you do for fun?: All kinds of outdoor activities, various sports, reading, video games, movies, drinking, the usual kinds of stuff!

sharron
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2010 1:30:24 PM

SquelchDog wrote:
sharron wrote:

Always wanted to try that game, i've heard cricket matches can go on for a very long time.

oh my gosh, the sunburn is probably the worst part from being in the sun all day lol! it depends what type of cricket you play. some games can go for 3 hours, some for a whole day, some even for five days. pretty epic reckon haha :)
yggral
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2010 1:12:10 PM

First Name: William
Where you live:Florida Vero Beach
Family:parents 2 brothers 1 sister
Education: 9 grade
Do you play SWM or collect?: Play and try to collect
What else do you do for fun?:video games star wars halo haloclix and axis and allies and kotor