RegisterDonateLogin

Charming to the last.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

cheated on ebay, unclaimed payments Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2010 1:03:18 PM
Groups: Member

i recently got ig88 bh on ebay for $5 from a new ebayer. i sent the payment, but it has remained unclaimed. i can't open a despute w/ the seller until he accepts the payment. i have already contacted him w/ no response. someone else who bought a mini on the same day from him left him negative feedback, b/c he also never saw his mini shipped. is their a certain amount of time on paypal for payments to be shipped back to the buyer if the seller doesn't claim the payment?
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2010 3:23:33 PM

sorry to hear that.

Probably better to use one of ebays forums to ask tho as paypal is owned by ebay. Sounds like the seller either never intended to sell or had something else come up.

Hopefully you can get your money back without any problems
Biggsy
Posted: Friday, January 1, 2010 11:40:48 PM

I think he most likely just didn't like the price he would get and then think it's okay to just bail out. That's happened to me in the past, with a new ebayer as well. If the transfer is not accepted by him within a month, you will automatically get your money back, so don't worry. If he do accept the payment and don't send your mini, just open a payment dispute via PayPal and you will also get your money back. Anyways, unless he ends up sending you your item, give him a negative feedback to warn others of his behavior.
Mickey
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2010 2:55:02 AM

You can goto your paypal profile and remove that payment if it is not accepted. It sounds to me it is better to do that than let him take it and not send the mini. You would get your money back if this happens but it is a lengthy process. You should be able to give him negative feedback on the ebay site though. At least make it harder for him to do it again. I've been burned before but it very rarely happened to me. I've done 100's of purchases on there and I can count my losses on one hand. Most of those were resolved to get my money back.
Biggsy
Posted: Saturday, January 2, 2010 3:26:27 AM

I agree, there's very few rotten apples actually. I only had 2 such issues with 150+ purchases on ebay, and both times i got my money back. Didn't know you could retract the payment though.
Mickey
Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2010 2:35:48 AM

If it has not been accepted you can. At least a few months back I was able to do it from the paypal account site.
eMouse
Posted: Sunday, January 3, 2010 5:18:56 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The unaccepted payment is most likely due to you paying by credit card and the seller having a personal account, which cannot accept credit card payments.

The seller has to either upgrade to a commercial account, or you need to cancel the payment and send money via bank or balance transfer.

But the fact that the seller hasn't responded to you to work it out is a bad sign. You might well consider canceling the current payment and trying to contact the seller again.

Check the seller's current ranking. If it's the same seller I found, he's currently got a -1 rating from someone who also paid and is still waiting for their figure.

BTW, as long as you are able to retain your money, you haven't been 'cheated' at all.