RegisterDonateLogin

Controls your actions - partially - but it also obeys your commands.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Transfer Essence Options
Loda
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:46:22 AM
Groups: Member

Well I was thinking if you had Exar Kun and Darth Sion in the same squad and Kun transfers to Sion, Sion uses eternal hatred to come back from the dead then they would be on the same square, right?

Just thinkingBlink Blink
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:19:39 PM

I don't think it works that way. I haven't got Exar on me, but IIRC Transfer Essence specifies that the ally is removed from play. This, therefore, does not activate Eternal Hatred, as it is only activated when Sion is defeated, not removed from play.
Eruletho
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:12:33 AM

Darth Mavoc wrote:
I don't think it works that way. I haven't got Exar on me, but IIRC Transfer Essence specifies that the ally is removed from play. This, therefore, does not activate Eternal Hatred, as it is only activated when Sion is defeated, not removed from play.

The same is true for Avoid Defeat. Effects that allow a character to avoid being defeated (AD and EH, specifically) would not take effect during a transfer essence, thanks to the character being removed from play prior to being defeated. However, effects that take effect upon being defeated but not pertaining to the character not being defeated (like self destruct) still take place, and they take place before Exar is moved to the new space.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:38:22 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Also, similar rules on an MTB. If the character isn't removed, you don't get the MTB initiative.
Shoto Parry
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 3:34:13 AM

Cool
adidamps2
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 4:43:47 AM

Yeah I asked a similar question a few weeks ago. Actually I think it was almost the exact same question. And the answer was EH doesn't work if TE is what defeats him. :(
Mandelmauler
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 5:23:33 AM

Funny how the answer never changes no matter how many times as you ask the question. 8-)
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 1:27:30 PM

A little tip with transfer essence is, ifyour gonna use it, use it on a low costing fig such as Dark Hellion on Swoop Bike, this way he can move 24 squares, has flight so avoids AoO's & can get to commanders, then you transfer into your opponents commanders with exar.

Another way is to get a keldor next to a bunch of enemy characters or better yet commanders if you can & transfer into the keldor's spot, self destruct would happen & you would damage each character adjacent to that space with self destruct 40. just a little tip