RegisterDonateLogin

Mudhole? Slimy? Bloo Milk, it is!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Mando Mopup Options
K4ot1K
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:08:29 AM
Groups: Member

One of my friends from work and I play occassionally, and last night went from good to really ugly because of 2 mistakes.
I was playing a (mostly) Rebel Squad:
Grand Master Yoda
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Han Solo of Hoth
Rebel Captain
Luke Skywalker, Rebel
Rebel Commando
Rebel Heavy Trooper
Rebel Pilot

He was playing Mandos:
Canderous Ordo
Mandalorian Commander
Mandalorian Quartermaster
Mandalorian Captain
Mandalorian Blademaster
Mandalorian Gunslinger x2
Mandalorian Warrior

The first contact was when he sent the Warrior and Blade Master to open two doors that were between he and I. On the otherside I had Han, Obi-wan and Luke. I sent the rest of my squad as a second team to the right. When the door opened, his Commander was wide open and in direct line with Han. He was quickly killed. Next I sent my Pilot and Commando up a hall and into a room that opened on his right side as soon as he passed the first door. Between evade and force heal, it took him many trys to kill Han. He had moved his Captain to the front to do the final kill, but left him wide open for Lukes Impulsive Shot. This finished off the Captian. After this he killed Luke and sent his entire force to deal with the two on his right. They both got off grenades before being killed. This wounded all of his mandos. After losing my two flankers I moved Obi-wan back several squares. He followed and attacked with the Blade Master, Warrior and Quartermaster. In a lack of attention this landed his troops right in front of a door were I had Yoda, Heavy Trooper and Captain sitting. The Heavy took out one, the a lightsaber throw took out the other two and Obi-wan (intentional) which now gave Yoda a total of 12 force points. The Heavy gunner and Captain finnished off Ordo, and Yoda did quick work of the Gunslingers.
After the game he admited that the plan was to keep the Captain and Commander behind Ordo, but got nervious with my first attack and how hard it was to kill Han. In his haste he made moves that ended up costing him the game.