RegisterDonateLogin

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that Milk, not excuses.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lord Vader vs Loda Options
kfc's waiting for you
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:39:47 AM
Groups: Member

we matched these 2 up the other night for a laugh, it was close every time but Loda came out on top 3-0

we were wondering, if Vader used Overwhelming force would Loda still be able to force alter? we were playing that he could cause Force alter isn't technically preventing or redirecting.

then later I wondered, if Vader uses Lightsaber assault, then Loda force defenses it, can Vader use lightsaber assault again? or does that violate some kind of stacking rule?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:46:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

From what I understand, since his "replaces attacks" ability/power was Defenced, he cannot use it again because you cannot replace attacks twice in one turn.

As for Alter vs Overwhelming...I'd say your reasoning is sound.

Might want to wait for Emperordragon or Sithborg for a better explanation though. BlooMilk
kenred2
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:51:25 AM

kfc's waiting for you wrote:
we matched these 2 up the other night for a laugh, it was close every time but Loda came out on top 3-0

we were wondering, if Vader used Overwhelming force would Loda still be able to force alter? we were playing that he could cause Force alter isn't technically preventing or redirecting.

then later I wondered, if Vader uses Lightsaber assault, then Loda force defenses it, can Vader use lightsaber assault again? or does that violate some kind of stacking rule?

The Force Alter only forces the opponent to re-roll, as the roll for the attack from Vader is not yet finalized. Overwhelming force only prevents it from being redirected from another target, such as Jar Jar's Bombad Gungan or prevention, such as Soresu Style Mastery.

The second part, you cannot use Lightsaber Assault again, even though it has MOTF2, Lord Vader does not have the ability to use the 2nd "Replace attacks" ability on that same turn, even though the first ability is canceled upon declaration
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:34:24 AM

Good tip to do though since you cant re-do lightsaber assult because of how ken explained it, is use sith rage after your LSA is defensed & if you got thrawn too you'll do 2 pops for 40dam just a tip..
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:44:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Darth Percocet wrote:
Good tip to do though since you cant re-do lightsaber assult because of how ken explained it, is use sith rage after your LSA is defensed & if you got thrawn too you'll do 2 pops for 40dam just a tip..

If you get your Lightsaber Assault cancelled by Force Defense/Alter, you cannot attack, period. You are still considered to have replaced your attacks.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:01:05 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:

If you get your Lightsaber Assault cancelled by Force Defense/Alter, you cannot attack, period. You are still considered to have replaced your attacks.

Yea i guess your right, so let me ask you this? lets say he had enough to force defense, you use sith rage, he defenses it, would you be able to re-use sith rage after the first defense, sith it doesnt replace attacks & what not, or would that be considered stacking?
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:03:52 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Yes, as there is nothing preventing you from using Sith Rage twice now, other then the common sense that it will not stack if you use it twice.

And to head off another comment, Lightsaber Assault MUST be declared before Sith Rage. This is covered under the Resolving Effects section of the FAQ.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:06:15 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Yes, as there is nothing preventing you from using Sith Rage twice now, other then the common sense that it will not stack if you use it twice.

And to head off another comment, Lightsaber Assault MUST be declared before Sith Rage. This is covered under the Resolving Effects section of the FAQ.

See what i figured is if you went to use LSA & it got force defensed, then it didnt take place so you would be able to attack seeing as you didnt replace your attacks with LSA, but i was over analyzing it when its actually pretty simple to see ya know. haha thats one thing about the rules alot of people do, is look way to much into the wording in the def.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:58:49 AM

in that match up just use rage until you bleed Loda dry of fp's then he's just meat for vader to rip through.