RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo or Bloo Milk, there is no try.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Disintegration Question.. Options
Waylander311
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:13:33 PM
Groups: Member

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway...
If you roll a Natural 20 for a disintegration with Boba, BH or Dug Fringer; could you
a. Use Soresu Style in defense?
b. Use Evade against it?
c. Use Illusion?
e. Have Avoid Defeat come into effect?
d. Do anything I may have forgotten to avoid it?

I would think Soresu, Evade, and Illusion wouldn't work as they're not exactly getting dealt damage. Rather they are just defeated, regardless of how many hitpoints they have. However, I would tend to think Avoid Defeat would kick in.
Am I close? I would appreciate anyone clearing this all up for me, as I've yet to use or face any characters with Disintegration.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:16:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Unless against a Huge or larger figure, Disentegration is an effect that is not damage, thus is not affected by normal abilities that prevent damage. Bodyguard is a specific exception stated in the glossary.

Disentegration causes you to be defeated, so it is perfectly fine to try and prevent that with the variety of abilities available.
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:20:32 PM

Yes, the avoid defeat would kick in as the "defeat" is triggered on the ability in response.

Disintegration is a SA triggered when a roll of a 20 is made, it cannot be prevented, however it can be altered (roll not yet finalized), changed target (draw fire, Bombad Gungan, etc), and bodyguarded by the effects of the Disintegration ability.
Waylander311
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:22:12 PM

Thank you both very much! :)
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 11:35:56 AM

Cant you also with the big D, if you have a character with the Lightsaber Reflect ability, before you character dies, cant you use that ability to deflect the damage back to the figure who has the big D? Like wouldnt they be able to take the damage before your character dies?
kenred2
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 11:51:12 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Cant you also with the big D, if you have a character with the Lightsaber Reflect ability, before you character dies, cant you use that ability to deflect the damage back to the figure who has the big D? Like wouldnt they be able to take the damage before your character dies?

Because of the Disintegration ability, the damage effects are simultaneous.... you can however, use the lightsaber reflect ability back to that attacker in response to the successful hit, before the disintegration ability resolves.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 11:55:04 AM

kenred2 wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:

Because of the Disintegration ability, the damage effects are simultaneous.... you can however, use the lightsaber reflect ability back to that attacker in response to the successful hit, before the disintegration ability resolves.

Well yea thats what i pretty much meant, but i see what you mean how you explained it, but yea i wasnt sure if you could do that, i thought i seen it somewhere before, but yea thats another tip that you can use this way you can go out with a little bang, alright thanx Ken
DrunkenMaster
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:14:50 PM

kenred2 wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:

So are you saying that you can reflect the normal critical damage back to the attacker before being disintegrated?
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:16:48 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

If you have the Deflect that can send the damage that can send that much back, yes (Vader, LOTF is the only one with this version of Deflect). This can also happen with Energy Shields.