RegisterDonateLogin

Otoh Gunga style

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Help a Newbie Player Out - Thrawn (Mitt'raw'nuruado) & Mas Options
BountyHunterH
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:25:51 AM
Groups: Member

I will likely be posting several questions here in the near future as I progress from collecting to playing as well.

Today's 2nd question - If I play these two pieces together, does that mean that I can switch any two allies from anywhere on the board, or do the allies still have to be within 6 total spaces? I am leaning towards letting them be anywhere on the board.

Thanks again.
kenred2
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:33:47 AM

BountyHunterH wrote:
I will likely be posting several questions here in the near future as I progress from collecting to playing as well.

Today's 2nd question - If I play these two pieces together, does that mean that I can switch any two allies from anywhere on the board, or do the allies still have to be within 6 total spaces? I am leaning towards letting them be anywhere on the board.

Thanks again.

Technically, since the range is 6 for figures to be swapped by Thrawn, with Mas, even though your figures can be swapped board-wide, the range 6 (which becomes range infinite, thanks to Mas) have to count from Thrawn to the character and the character that needed to be swapped, must trail a path without being blocked by doors
BountyHunterH
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:39:47 AM

Quote:
Technically, since the range is 6 for figures to be swapped by Thrawn, with Mas, even though your figures can be swapped board-wide, the range 6 (which becomes range infinite, thanks to Mas) have to count from Thrawn to the character and the character that needed to be swapped, must trail a path without being blocked by doors

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure my mind comprehends your answer. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond though. Are you saying that I can swap from anywhere if closed doors aren't involved?
kenred2
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:44:11 AM

BountyHunterH wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure my mind comprehends your answer. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond though. Are you saying that I can swap from anywhere if closed doors aren't involved?

Yes
StevenO
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:09:27 AM

BountyHunterH wrote:

As noted the answer is Yes. Now if you happen to be using a Mouse Droid you can instead draw your line to/from it instead of Thrawn. Getting your ranged command effects out of a closed room is a pretty good reason to have at least one Mouse Droid in a squad even if it has Mas.
BountyHunterH
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:26:07 AM

I love a community that will help the new player understand the rules. ThumbsUp
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:00:42 AM

one of the reasons we're here.BigGrin
keep those questions coming Smile