RegisterDonateLogin

Dannik Jerriko: "It's the soup of your future."

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Holy crap its Lord Vader get in the car!!!! Options
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:08:48 AM
Groups: Member

So i just got back from my trip to nashville to play in my first tourney in 4 months, I am really excited at the results. After looking around the site I found that the most popular/overplayed/downright annoying things to fight are,

Flobi + Gen Sky + Jarael + filler
Yobuck Sillyness
Rebel Commandos
Rebel Push
Rebel Speedy Cannon

So i have none of the pieces to make these teams so i decided to make a fun counter for all of these so instead of trying to think up something new a went to the old meta.
Heres what i ran.

BRB
71 Lord Vader
32 Thrawn
31 Arica
27 Lobot
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Ameda
5 Caamasi Noble
5 Raxus Prime Trooper
x3 Uggies

Its called "BRB" because my Arica is in a red dress, vader black, thrawn blue so BRB it also has to do with vader beating the crap out of something swapping away then coming right back to kill something else. Heres how the tourney went down for me.

Round 1 vs. Brandon on his Raveged Base map.
62 BFBH
35 Han Rebel Hero
27 Lobbin Luke
17 Bothan Noble
14 Riekan
9 Dodonna
8 Obi Spirit
8 Juno
+ other stuff

Rienforments, Amininininin Scout, Gran Raider, Uggie

So started off the day by making some bonehead mistakes vs brandon which led to Arica getting the big D rather quickly and me finding myself in a hole rather quickly. So putting myself back together i sent vader to kill juno only a 8 point piece but i knew it would help get Vader back and forth while taking minimal damage i was able to track down and kill a few acts with the Raxus and even a noble killing off numpties for me. The tourning point of he match ended up being Vader swapping and basing BFBH at the end of the round boba trying to run but not being fast enough to get away won ini with thrawn slayed boba with a Assult Rage and swapped away back to safety. It was a cool ending with Lobbin luke trying to kill vader via djem so and not getting the rolls for it. Tough match to open but ended 1-0.

Round 2 vs Scottie on his Raveged base.

62 BFBH
35 Luke Hero of Yavin
30 Han Solo, Rogue
18 Lando DS
18 VBSV
17 Bothan Noble
9 r2 exended
8 Juno
+other stuff

Rienforcements Scout, Gran, ugg

Another round another BFBH. Again i try to send Arica in to kill something again i end up having her killed before she does anything. Sent her in for a BB on his whole squad all she had to do was survive a twin from Luke and of course luke crit and hit the flurry twin killing her. So i end up sending Vader after juno swapping out then killing han to get back the point lead. Had a shot at killing BFBH needing 6's on an assualt to do it and of course rolled 1,3,4,11 only for 30 damage. Game ended when i killed han and got my MT back ended up having to use Lobot as swap fodder to catch his very spread out pieces i wanted to eliminate. Game ended 2-0.

Round 3 vs Spryguy on his Teth Monestary

45 Lukes Snowspeeder
27 Han Smuggler
22 Chewie of Hoth
20 Princess Leia
16 Crix Madine
16 Erc
14 Reikan
11 Bodyguard
9 Dodonna
8 R7
+ other stuff

Rienforcements 4 Caamasi Nobles

Having to fight the Speeder on teth is no easy task but Vader Handled it well this was the only game i decide to send Vader first and have Arica support which ended up being the best way to run the squad. So first round Dodonna and ozzel have a battle of the slow to activate with ozzel being slightly more lazy and outacting by one. Spry moved the Speeder into gambit and killed a noble but in doing so left it within 22 of Lord Vader ended up swapping him in running 14 squares at the end of the round and setting up chopping luke in half. Won the ini with Vader needing 6's just like on BFBH to kill speeder got all of them to hit and ended up going up 45 points rather quickly against the much feared Han cannon. I made a crucial error in that game i decided to not chase down han/leia and kill them and win outright but run away like a loser (never do that btw). So spry ended up catching up to me killing EVERYTHING except thrawn, mas and vader at 30 hp. Game came down to vader finnaly killing han but being set up for chewie to shoot at chewie based vader and hit i failed DA putting vader at 10 liea moved up shot missed by one for the kill gave the shot to chewie spry needed a 9 for the win and ouch rolled a 5 dodonna and reikan failed to crit won the game by 4 points and learned a great lesson about not running. Round ends 3-0

Round 4 vs. Gray on his map Throne room

not even goin to list it (sorry gray) Almost the exact same thing as Spry but differant fodder

Reinforcements 4 Caamasi Nobles

This one ended fast and ended bad for me tried yet again to set up a big BB that would have whiped out gray whole team except for SS and han but he moved the speeder to the direct spot where he needed to be to block the Assualt from Arica then preceded to make 10/13 evade saves i end up trading Arica+Lobot for 2 uggies and r2 not worth it. Had a chance to make it up by having Vader track down the SS assult rage need 6's again only this time the rolls were 2,4,6,7 not veryhigh at all. I ended up kind of quiting on this one as i knew the han cannon would rip me in half if i advanced and id never have a shot at the speeder again. Gray played it very well shutting down Arica's BB (unknowingly btw) and by me not kiling speeder it was over at round 3. Round ends 3-1. Tough loss and Gray ended up winning the event so not bad to only lose to the winner.

Round 5 final match vs. Graham on my map for the first time all day throne room.

51 Yobuck
47 Gen Sky
28 Dash Rendar RS
27 Lobot
23 Panaka
9 Doombot
8 Mas Ameda
+ other stuff

Rienforcements 4 Caamasi Nobles

Grahams playstyle is dont keep score either i kill your whole squad or i lose my whole squad. First round doombot tows yoda yoda gallops across the board kills lobot swaps with a gran. not that big a deal as i dont have to advance past any doors to get to his squad i have Arica kill doombot end round one. Second round Gen Sky Charges in on LV puts 60 damge on him and stays put i guess he wanted to weaken Vader so Yoda can kill him LV activates slays ani who made every djem so save but couldnt hit lol. Ended up tracking down Yobuck with Vader one act, dead yoda and Arica Cleaned up Panaka/Mas/Lobot/Dash with some BB's. Ended 4-1 on the day.

So the squad is solid B&B tactics are still very viable. In a evade heavy meta (seriously 70% of the squads were Wedge/Riekan) having a Melee piece you can swap around and kill 1 thing per round is not a bad thing to have. Arica may not have earned her points but she did prvide a distraction and eat a lot of crits/Big D's so Vader didnt have to. Overall i think if i could have killed Grays speeder i would have ended #1 if i could beat a tough push team after that.

So Lord Vader/Thrawn was able to dominate even against Disruptive/BFBH/Slow Cannon Vader perfomed well (aside from some crap rolls) and grabbing second against some tough competition is never a bad thing. My point was proven that you can win even if you dont play rebels at a big tourney. Will anyone listen to me in my meta? Prob not lol
DaddyCool
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:30:31 AM

Congrats, man! Smile
trick624
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:38:07 AM

thanks for posting this, i've been playing/trying imperials more and more lately.
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:41:01 AM

David do you have a complete standings for the tourney??? That would be cool
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:41:39 PM

@ dean i have the top 7 only sorry to everyone else if i didnt catch your name im sure that jason has them somewhere.

First 5-0 Gray of Owensboro with slow cannon ++
Second 4-1 David Weeks from Columbia with Lord Vader swap
Third 4-1 Greg from Atlanta with his Luke HPU, Han cannon and yoda
Fourth 4-1 Daniel from Atlanta with the Kol/Kyle/Mara
Fifth 3-2 Matt of Charlotte with slow cannon ++
Sixth 3-2 Graham from Atlanta with Ramblin' Yobuck Tech
Seventh 3-2 Andy from Charlotte with VAR, Han Cannon

Gray had to run the Atlanta Gauntlet to win having to play 3 of us including me, greg, and graham. So well deserved win for gray.