RegisterDonateLogin

For best taste, drink before 140 ABY.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Wotc, dropping the ball on us. Options
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 1:14:39 AM
Groups: Member

Not trying to incite a riot here or anything just voicing my opinion.

I try to look to the bright side of situations. However, the more I go to starwars.com and read up on the Mando’s and see all the cool stuff they are doing. I find myself getting more and more *highly ticked off* that wizards has fumbled the ball. In my opinion, Not only dropped the ball, but then recover their own fumble and run it the wrong way back down the field and score against themselves.
Now I know there is a lot of controversy over story changes and the like. Even here I keep trying to look on the bright side and hope that it will still be a cool story and entertaining. Which for me, so far it is, I haven’t been disappointed yet with an episode of the new series.
I have been a SW fan since I was 6 and Lucas first put SW on the big screen. Boba Fett is my favorite character hand’s down. I can’t get enough of the Mando’s, I found this mini game when Rots came out, and I have been waiting for year’s to see the manolorian’s represented in it. They have but not to the extent I would like to see. Now Lucas has brought them in, Karen Traviss has fleshed them out, excellent job on her part.
Now Wotc say’s they aren’t renewing their contract. Are you kidding me?!?!? I mean really are you kriffing kidding me!!!! Ticked off doesn’t even begin to describe how mad I am. I was upset when they bought out TSR and in my opinion ruined Dungeons and Dragon’s. 3rd edition was cool but 4th absolutely ruined it for me. 3rd edition book’s IMO were way too expensive. 4th killed it all together for me.
Back on topic, I hope another company will pick up our game where Wotc left it off with the same rules. If I had the money I would. I for one am not going to get into another collectable game and spend all kind’s of money trying to keep up with it. This is a lot of fun and I have a great time doing it. I’ve made some friend’s here and at other sites and I will keep coming here and to other sites as long as it is fun and I have a good time.
Well rant over thanks for reading it; leave your opinion if you want. I enjoy a good read.

John aka SquelchDog
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 3:13:18 AM

Just wanted to add something. I do think Wotc has done an excellent job, up to this point, and I thank them for it. I will say this, at least they gave us pleanty of warning that they aren't renewing the license. That was very cool of them. thay could have left us hanging, from a certian point of view. RollEyes Had to put that in there lol. Wink
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 2:35:34 PM

Well, at least they gave us warning, but I think we can all unanimously(hope thats how ya spell it) agree that it would have been better not to can the game at all.
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 2:51:08 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Well, at least they gave us warning, but I think we can all unanimously(hope thats how ya spell it) agree that it would have been better not to can the game at all.

Agreed. BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 11:52:17 PM

I feel you, I think it really sucks and wizards totally left us hanging. If it's a legitamae reason financially then I can sort of see why they let us go. But honestly, this was their second most profitable game behind magic. What are they going to sell now, Dreamblade???? bleh. Well anyways I think it sucks and am on the same page as you SquelchDog, I will continue to support and collect the game up until the last set, and if someone else continues the game with the same rules then I will play that too, but it's to expensive to get into another game entirely and abandon this one.
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 4:16:08 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
I feel you, I think it really sucks and wizards totally left us hanging. If it's a legitamae reason financially then I can sort of see why they let us go. But honestly, this was their second most profitable game behind magic. What are they going to sell now, Dreamblade???? bleh. Well anyways I think it sucks and am on the same page as you SquelchDog, I will continue to support and collect the game up until the last set, and if someone else continues the game with the same rules then I will play that too, but it's to expensive to get into another game entirely and abandon this one.

I was talking to the guy who run's Dantooine base and he felt the same way. He's a real nice guy. His site is awesome! ThumbsUp
eMouse
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:08:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sadly, WotC has a corporate boss to answer to, and that boss demands margins, not just profitability. They're slowly being squeezed the way WizKids was by Topps and Tornante.
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:31:54 AM

eMouse wrote:
Sadly, WotC has a corporate boss to answer to, and that boss demands margins, not just profitability. They're slowly being squeezed the way WizKids was by Topps and Tornante.

Ah ok, that doesn't surprise me. Thanks for your input eMouse.