RegisterDonateLogin

Takes the Twin off the Flurry off the Twin and still has the Double left.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dark Times Release Sealed Event Report Options
knightmare1233
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 5:08:49 AM
Groups: Member

This was the first of 2 release events for the Owensboro crew with the other coming up on Saturday 2/6.

Point Total was 125 and we had 4 players.
My squad was:
Ig-88
Elite Sith Assassin
Imp. Sov. Prot.
Trianii Scout
Human Engineer
Talz Warrior

Meru Meru was my other rare and I opted not to use him

First round vs. Tyler on Ravaged Base

Tyler had 4-lom, emperor's hand, mando jh, and some shooter fillers. I think he forgot or was unaware of pulse cannon and I was able to damage some of his key figures early and removing one of his 10hp filler pieces. 2 rounds later another pulse cannon removed 2 more figures and IG mopped up the rest. 4-lom was a little disappointing in this format as his stun gas never came into play because he didn't want to base my melee pieces and he seemed to need the careful shot bonus to hit anything which limited his movement options. 1-0 start for me

Second Round vs. Dennis on Rancor Pen

Dennis had Dengar, an Inquisitor, Emperor's hand, Trianii Scout, 501st stormtrooper, and i believe a jedi watchman. Dennis had pulled off a turn to the darkside in round 1 on Zuckuss and forgot that he didn't have Zuckuss anymore and tried to use intuition which was pretty funny. Round 2 pulse cannon put 10 on Dengar and killed the scout which was a big play for me. The inquisitor dealt about 60 damage between my ESA and ISP. Dennis lost a key initiative when the Watchman and the ESA were based in gambit. He also missed a final shot attempt on my ISP which might have sealed it. IG-88 cleaned up what was left after the melee fighters were done in the middle. Win for me. 2-0

Third round vs Corey

Corey had Zuckuss, Dass, Talz Warrior, Stormtrooper, Arf trooper, t'surr, and a jedi watchman. Corey moved Zuckuss into gambit right out of the gate and Ig-88 responded by putting 30 on him. Zuckuss retreated after putting 20 on Ig-88 and i used a couple of rounds of repair to fix him back to full. The melee pieces met in the middle and Corey's T'surr crit my ESA for 60 damage and his watchman finished off the ESA. Zuckuss then crit my ISP and retreated again. Ig-88 then finished off the t'surr and damaged the watchman with a pulse cannon. Dass got shredded the following round be ig-88 and my Isp went down to a series of attacks. It came down to Ig-88 and Zuckuss. Corey misplayed this a bit but he is one of the younger players who is still learning. He could of used stick and move tactics with Zuckuss, shoot my Ig and stick him and then move out of LOS. He chose to run and eventually after i rolled back to back 1's needing a 2 to kill him I was able to get him. Win 3-0

I had first pick of prize support and chose the new Chewie.

Zuckuss is very good and his combination of abilities is killer in sealed and constructed. The Inquisitor is surprisingly good and definitely looks like fun to use. Very pleased with Ig-88, he was excellent at damaging groups and removing some of the 10hp fodder. His 120 hp was also very nice as he never got below 50 hp in any of my games. The Elite Sith assassin was disappointing in this event and steal force never came into play. But the ISP was solid with high hp, attack, and defense.

Thanks to Jason for running the event on Thursday which allowed me to play and thanks to Dennis for suggesting the Thursday event and for turning Zuckuss to the darkside which was pretty funny.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 2:26:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Cool report.
But I'm confused about something: in Round 2 you talked about Dennis having Dengar, but then somehow he lost Zuckuss? Am I missing somthing?
Also, did he use "Turn to the Dark Side" on his own guy?
knightmare1233
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:38:28 AM

Sorry. In round 1 Dennis played Corey and used turn to the darkside against Corey's Zuckuss and Corey failed both of the saves allowing Dennis to utilize Zuckuss for Round 1. When Round 2 started and Dennis and I were playing, after the first initiative Dennis wanted to use intuition but immediately realized that he didn't have Corey's Zuckuss anymore. Dennis didn't have Zuckuss in his original squad he turned his opponent's Zuckuss to the darkside in the first round of the tournament.
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:21:08 AM

knightmare1233 wrote:
Sorry. In round 1 Dennis played Corey and used turn to the darkside against Corey's Zuckuss and Corey failed both of the saves allowing Dennis to utilize Zuckuss for Round 1. When Round 2 started and Dennis and I were playing, after the first initiative Dennis wanted to use intuition but immediately realized that he didn't have Corey's Zuckuss anymore. Dennis didn't have Zuckuss in his original squad he turned his opponent's Zuckuss to the darkside in the first round of the tournament.

Thats awesome!
creme_brule
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:05:45 AM

Weeks wrote:
knightmare1233 wrote:

Thats awesome!

thast not only aweseom, but hilarious :P
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:32:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Now that makes more sense. Force sense. ;)