RegisterDonateLogin

Helps build your immunity to Rakghoul Disease.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

ARC Trooper Options
Darth Chaos
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:35:08 AM
Groups: Member

Here's a generic ARC Trooper!

We considered doing several named characters, but the logistics of it is too cumbersome. We may do a generic NULL-ARC in the near future, or possibly a unique NULL. We've also got a generic version of the ARC Sniper on the way soon.

We gave him several of the abilities that our RC's had individually, and slightly better stats than our RC's. ARC's were modified genetically to be physically stronger than the RC's.

I think a nice mid-range shooter follower should be useful.

Anyway, let me know if it looks good or if it needs some tweaking.

You can find our custom cards here:

DARK SIDE's Custom Minis Thread

Some cards have been updated recently after play testing, so check it out.

DC
twinjedi
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 1:04:12 PM

freakn' awesome!ThumbsUp thats what an arc should be.Woot
Darth Chaos
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:26:06 PM

Ok, we've made an adjustment to Katarn Armor. Now the save is a 16 rather than an 11. This should distinguish it from other armors and lessen the "survivability" of the ARC by a bit.

To counteract the change, I lowered the cost, but I'm not sure that's the answer.

I'm considering adding:

Loner (+4 Attack if no allies are within 6 squares)

If I do that, I can bump his cost back up to 28 or 29 and feel pretty comfortable that this is a good stat set.

What do you think?

DC
EvilYeti
Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:31:38 PM

Don't add Loner. ARCs work in groups. Maybe Squad Assault or Synergy.
Darth Chaos
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:50:41 AM

We made a few changes. We decided Katarn Armor was just too much defense for a character at this level. So we made two versions, one with Loner and one with Squad Assault. We're now taking votes on which one wins!!

Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:19:01 AM

question, could you e-mail me the template ur using?
Darth Chaos
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:44:35 AM

Doogle126 wrote:
question, could you e-mail me the template ur using?

Sure, pm me your e-mail addy.

DC
Sithfan
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 3:00:02 AM

My Vote goes to...

Squad Firepower (+10 Damage while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares)

(because it works with Commander Gree so much better)
Weeks
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 6:28:56 AM

Squad Assualt fits the theme of clone squads that the republic has. Loner?.....doesnt really go with the synergys they already have
CC-23478
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:48:50 AM

Don't try to over power the stats...what you have here is an Alpha ARC Trooper, not an ARC Trooper.

There were only 100 Alpha ARCs and they were more often then not Captains like Fordo or aides to Jedi, like Maize.

An ARC Trooper as represented by the WOTC mini is an ARC Trooper, which would be a cross trained clone much like how Corr was trained as a Commando. There were countles regular ARC troopers...
Darth Chaos
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:33:26 AM

CC-23478 wrote:
Don't try to over power the stats...what you have here is an Alpha ARC Trooper, not an ARC Trooper.

There were only 100 Alpha ARCs and they were more often then not Captains like Fordo or aides to Jedi, like Maize.

An ARC Trooper as represented by the WOTC mini is an ARC Trooper, which would be a cross trained clone much like how Corr was trained as a Commando. There were countles regular ARC troopers...

Actually, ARCs were engineered to be larger physically than regular clones, including commandos. In addition, they had almost no personality conditioning and they were personally trained by Jango Fett. The end result is they were MUCH more capable than regular clones.

Alot of the regular Captains, like Bly or Rex, were trained by an ARC, but they were not ARCs. Surviving ARCs provided training and led units, but those trained/led did not become ARCs themselves, even though they sometimes adopted the armor and dress of the ARCs.

Corr was trained to be a commando, which makes sense because the only difference between a trooper and a commando was more training and less conditioning for the commando.

The WOTC mini isn't an ARC or even a commando. It's a terrible representation, imo, of a character who, for all intents and purposes, should be as capable as Jango Fett himself.

*Note - I'm looking at the card, and I think we might go with Loner instead of Squad Assault.
Darth_Sal
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:45:04 PM

I like what you've done, Alpha ARC, ARC or whatever you name it, its good.

I've always thought ARCs were engineered to work alone, trained by Jango to work black ops of all kinds. I'd go with Loner because of that.
CC-23478
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:05:24 AM

Sorry if I offended Vod, I didn't mean any harm

I know the Alpha ARCs are exceptionally awesome and all - I am autistic, and as such I obsess over things, and the clone army is my obsession - I'm just saying that I don't think wizard's stats are designed to be an Alpha ARC...I mean, they're ARC Trooper was modeled after what you see in the clone wars cartoon, and you see like 20 of them against grevious, and he kills a bunch of them...and there is NO way all of them were Alpha ARCs, because they can't randomly summon 1/5th of them and get them together on planet within a battle and if they were Grevious would have been so dead.

I'll use this as an example:
You gave your ARC Satchel Charge. Sure, all the ARCs were trained to use them, and they probably always carried a few with them, but that doesn't mean you need to give the mini that...all clone troopers carry grenades, but not every clone has the grenades 10 ability.

I'd love to create an 80point ARC Trooper that would do everything they'd do, but it isn't functional...

(Also, sorry about the wall of text)