RegisterDonateLogin

If you strike Bloo Milk down, it shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : What weekend forthe 2010 SWM Seattle Regional?
Choice Votes Statistics
May 8 0 0.000000 %
May 15 3 23.076923 %
June 5 3 23.076923 %
June 12 7 53.846153 %
Other (reply below) 0 0.000000 %

2010 Seattle Regional -- Let's Decide on a date Options
Cybit
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 3:33:33 AM
Groups: Member

Regionals info/voting time!

Regionals will follow DCI floor rules using the Restrictive Map List.

The event will be 200 points with one hour rounds.

Each event will have playoffs at the end of regular swiss. (I will speak to the store about this to cover the time issue but understand this is meant to be a big event with only the Gencon Champ being bigger) The most likely scenario will be a 4 player playoff.

The winner of the event will receive an admission badge to GenCon 2010 and admission to the SWM Championship Event @ GenCon 2010

No Regional winner (meaning current Regional circuit year not counting last year) will be eligible to win more than one badge. A winner is more than welcome to participate in multiple regionals and win all the prize support (excluding the badge he wishes). In the event a previous regional winner manages to win a second regional (in the same year) that badge will go to the 2nd place player (if he can attend Gencon if he cannot then the badge could be given to the 3rd place player).

All Regionals will have at least one Judge and a separate TO. The judge must be well versed in the Star Wars miniatures game and must receive approval from the DCI Content Manager to be the Judge for the event (this is to keep stores from designating an uninformed employee as judge for the event which could cause huge issues.)

Some comments

1) I'm going to get an exception from the judge/TO rule, since I generally am stuck doing both anyway. :-p Vik (MarkIV) and maybe Charles (Omnus) will probably be dragged out of retirement for this.

2) The date is between a weekend between May 1st and June 5th.

3) The Seattle Regional will most likely (99% chance) be held at Uncle's Games in Bellevue, where the 2009 regional was held.

4) Probably going to do $5 entry fee (I know Dean said $15, but, eh, whatever. I'll probably pick up the gencon badge out of pocket so we can do some good prizes).

5) Masters of the Force is scheduled to come out April 6th.

So here's my question: What weekend do we want the regional on? I'm thinking the weekend before Memorial Day and Memorial Day weekend is a big no-no. (I'll be out of town both those weekends)
joelker41
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 3:48:23 AM

I vote for either the 15th of may or june. To early in may won't leave any time for masters of the Force meta to settle.

I would offer to be the judge but considering I am probably going to GenCon I wouldlike the badge lol.
amsnow
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 6:10:07 AM

i wouldnt mind the 12th of june, gives time to accomodate for work, gives more time to practice masters pieces so more squad ideas are available
ChuckaFett
Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 11:23:47 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

I voted for 5th June, it would give me the best chance of making it (weekend off).
Glympse
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 4:02:49 AM

May 15th works best for me as of now.
Cybit
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 10:39:14 AM

Personally, I'm leaning towards June for two reasons:
1) More time for the meta to develop, and more people currently (4 to 3) favor June
2) More time for screwups in cards to be fixed in time for Regionals, rather then getting stuck with a lack of errata for a card that is desperately needed.

More votes for people who are interested in coming, and if there's only one date you can make it, please reply and put that down! :-)
Azavander
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 11:13:57 AM

my vote for the 12th should only barely count as I am not sure 100% i can make it, but the 2 days in May are the weekend before and after I travel for a week work so that does not go over well with the wife, and June4th is out 6 year anniversary so we are out of town that weekend, that means I can only make it on the 12th, I am hoping to go but take my vote of the 12th with a grain of salt.
ChadB
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 12:18:04 PM

I had originally voted for May 15th, but I can make any of those dates work. Just need to know so I can put it on the calendar. :)

MAINEiac
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 1:55:52 PM

I am just being selfish so I can come up again from Redding, CA so I voted June 12th. You guys have a tremendous scene there and the the Bloomilk championship was a blast.

Hello to Seatte(ish) people!!

MAINEiac
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:59:47 PM

If it is June 12th I can't come because I have a graduation that day, If I come I will probably bring old school pieces, unless Daniel collects the new stuff, which I 100% doubt is going to happen. Either way, I might possibly come back to an event one of these days. My vote is not June 12th if that matters.
MAINEiac
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:18:40 AM

when will a decision be made as to the date of the regional?
Thanks,
MAINEiac
Azavander
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 3:59:07 AM

MAINEiac wrote:
when will a decision be made as to the date of the regional?
Thanks,
MAINEiac

YOu read my mind I was wondering the same thing so I could start planning my schedule... or not depending on the date.
Cybit
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:44:27 AM

It looks like June 12th is the winner; so we'll make that the official date.

Krupal
MAINEiac
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:29:44 PM

excellent.. I think I just might be able to swing this!
happy gaming everyone,
MAINEiac...
p.s. the winner no longer gets a free ride to Gen Con, correct? Just braggin rights?
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 5:52:57 AM

Darn :[ I wont be there...

And I was sort of expecting to make one last hurrah before I disappear...