RegisterDonateLogin

There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Charlotte, NC event list Options
Emissary
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 5:05:05 PM
Groups: Member

Hi again, I totally forgot to post our February events here. With a new job things have been hectic around here to say the least. (that and I haven't been able to attend some of the tourneys) Anywho, if you're in the Charlotte NC area and want to play (or learn) here's the details.

Where:
Rebel Base Comics and Games
701-C South Sharon Amity
Charlotte, NC 28211

We try to meet up around 1pm EST, granted some of us are a little late. We're usually done between 5pm and 6pm at the latest, and our rounds are 3 Swiss rounds. Now, onto our plans!

March Events:

3/27 -- 200pt tourney Fee: $5
Regular 200 point tourney with the map list set to Open. (we do allow most of the created maps in this format as well) All DCI rules apply in this format. The size of the prize pool is determined on how many people show up.

April Events:

4/10 -- Masters of the Force release tourney Fee: $35
The fee is for 2 boosters which you can build your army from. Faction rules do not apply for this setting, and maps are still in the Open format.

4/24 -- 200pt tourney (preparing for Regionals) Fee: $5
Some of us are planning to head to Atlanta for the Regionals being held there. For this tourney we will be using the Restricted map list and all other DCI rules for this format. Expect to see some good squads there so bring your best! Prizes will be from Masters of the Force boosters.

May Event(s):

5/8 -- 200pt tourney (preparing for Regionals) Fee: $5
Again more prep work for Regionals in Atlanta. Be sure to bring your best again! Restricted map list applies here as well. Prizes will be from Masters of the Force boosters.

That is all I have for now. And remember, even if you're new we'd love to have you drop by. Granted the end of April and May will be tough with some of us testing squad ideas for Regionals, but we're always willing to teach and we always have a good time.
kingsknight
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:53:21 AM

Hopefully, if I have the weekend off, I'll be there for your release even in April. I was able to come down for your 100 point tourney in January, and it was a lot of fun...
njarnagin
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:17:11 PM

Sounds great. I am a former SWM player myself...

BTW, I know Johnathan and some other Charlotte SWM players are coming down to Atlanta for regionals. They are staying at my place. Spread the word that everyone is welcome to crash at my place!
Emissary
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:52:40 AM

I really hate to do this but since this isn't on the first page anymore, so a bit of a bump is needed. Our MotF release tourney is this coming this Saturday!