RegisterDonateLogin

Tastes best fresh from the Bantha.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Joruus C'baoth Options
Darth Chaos
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2010 12:37:48 PM
Groups: Member

Here's our version of Joruus C'baoth, the crazy clone of a Republic era Jedi. Timothy Zahn introduced him in The Thrawn Trilogy.

Our mini was created using the D&D Mini Doomdreamer for the body and the Horrorclix character The Mad Monk for the head. We sliced off the majority of the mace to make it a lightsaber, gave it a quick paint job, and that's it!!!

We based our Joruus on one being worked up as part of The New Lost Twenty set. We opted for a few different abilities. There was quite a lengthy discussion about whether to use regular Battle Meditation, to create a Greater Battle Meditation (of which the variations were endless), or to create a CE that functioned well for the character. We really fought for the GBM option, one that made combining fire useful again and gave a suitable bonus that made sense in terms of what Battle Meditation does.

We give the New Lost Twenty crew credit by adding an NLT to the bottom of the card.

Anyway, let me know if it looks good or if it needs some tweaking.

You can find our custom cards here:

DARK SIDE's Custom Minis Thread

Some cards have been updated recently after play testing, so check it out.

DC
Darth Chaos
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2010 12:39:01 PM

Here are some alternates for Greater Battle Meditation.

Greater Battle Meditation(Force 3, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Non-unique followers gain Advantageous Attack (+10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)

Greater Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Non-unique followers can move 2 extra squares on their turns as part of their move)

Greater Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Non-unique followers that end their moves within 6 squares of this character can move 2 extra squares at the end of their turns)

Greater Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Non-unique followers in your squad gain Self-Destruct 10)

Greater Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Whenever a Non-unique follower within 6 squares defeats an enemy, it may immediately move 2 squares)

Greater Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Non-unique followers in your squad gain Speed 8 (Can move up to 8 squares and attack, or 16 squares without attacking)
markedman247
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2010 1:12:46 PM

I personally think that Battle Meditation was flawed to begin with. It may be retooled later one. I would suggest:

GBM: (Force 3, replace turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Followers within 6 gain +4 attack and enemies within 6 suffer -4 attack)

Granted, this really is more useful/broken with mouse droids since it becomes a CE
saber1
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 2:33:57 PM

markedman247 wrote:

Granted, this really is more useful/broken with Mas Amedda since it becomes a CE

Quite broken.
saber1
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 2:37:22 PM

Darth Chaos wrote:

Greater Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Non-unique followers that end their moves within 6 squares of this character can move 2 extra squares at the end of their turns)

OR

Greater Battle Meditation (Force 3, replaces turn: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +4 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire. Whenever a Non-unique follower within 6 squares defeats an enemy, it may immediately move 2 squares)

Great rendition of Joruus! It captures the character pretty well while being playable and reasonably balanced.
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 2:41:01 PM

saber1 wrote:
markedman247 wrote:

Granted, this really is more useful/broken with Mas Amedda since it becomes a CE

Quite broken.

Actually, if I changed the range from 6 to either 8 or 4, the Mas isn't a factor, just the mouse droids.

However, overall, I like the creation and design of the mini. Very Charlton Heston-esque.
qvos
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 10:50:02 PM

Very Cool, I like the job done on the actual mini and even the stats. Very cool. I wish Wizis would have made one.
Darth Chaos
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 5:56:19 AM

Reduced the cost from 49 to 38.
TheChosenOne
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:29:56 AM

Very cool. How are you creating these character cards (I am slightly new)
If its confidential, then don't worry about it.
Del Muerte
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:30:31 PM

Don't usually post for Customs but here what I think. He is not UNDER cost he maybe over(not by much). Force Lighting 4 is a Huge ability, especial with the emperor. Self Destruction 40 is another Huge ability. Greater Battle medication is great, who cares about the combine fire +8 things aka Moff Jererrod, the move speed 8 with no within 6 range is what I'm looking at. Speed 8 is so good for the imperials. Then you have Dominate which who knows how it will work out with a figure with more than 40hp. He is VAU 48, Jerrerrod 12, Sly moore 28, and Major Veers 12 in one figure. I like him but would give him melee attack +9 for 20 and raise his cost to 50 no less then 48 aka VAU.