RegisterDonateLogin

Also removes carbon scoring.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

My SHORTEST and most PHAIL SWM Game EVER!!! (didnt even last 2 rounds!!) Options
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, April 2, 2010 1:55:49 PM
Groups: Member

alright, just played a game on VASSAL with cookiemonster...we both chose an "expperimental" 100 point faction rule squad. I chose a really (REALLY) ghetto kota bomb squad (R2 tow) and he chose a whorm + maul COTS squad......it waspretty matched up well, since we each had a even amount of "commanders" (me: mas and r2, him whorm)....and each hadone huge beatstick (kota, maul))..basically once either of our batsticks died, game was over. so, he chose map (muunlist) I chose side (the map room).....we rolled for init, I won, he went first.

basically I kept mas back and blew a couple of doors open with my ugos. I moved my fodder (militia) to the upper rooms. he moved whorm and lando DS to the upper rooms also. a mouse, couple of ugos, and mul moved near gambit in the center. I complied by towin kota intoo gambit, who then proceeded to attack his ugo in gambit; and killing him. end round 1 me leading 8 - 0.

round 2: I wn init, and decided for him to go first...he moves up with maul and assault/rages me. I figured he'd hit about 1/2 his hits, myabe 3/4. I totally didn't expect what was to happen next... so, he rolls...hit methe first 3 times....so I think "ok, if all 4 hit, that's 120 DMG. I still have a chance". well, in short, his last attack roll was a 19. I was stunned, a crit! of all the @%&# (im quoting there)) luck!!! (he has deadly atk)....so with over 1/2 my squad defeated, I quickly conceded. no way a coupple of militia and mas could take on a 150 HP beatstic...

that was exactly 1 1/4 rounds game...

that is, until I realized that maul didn't have MOTF2!!!! he couldn't of used rage and asault int eh same turn!!!!!!!!!!!
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:16:48 AM

Been on both sides of that kind of error.Blushing
empirejeff
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:54:27 AM

cookiemonster tried to eat a cookie
TheChosenOne
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:45:03 AM

Done that too myself.

My first game against a friend was like that.

He had bane, krayt, and some troopers. my only hope was to get huge defnese.

He crushed me into a pulp. He wanted to play the whole thing out. GOWK dealt no damage, and I got electrocuted through his own man. '

it was a failure.

BTW, what is VASSAL?
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 12:08:49 PM

empirejeff wrote:
cookiemonster tried to eat a cookie

lol, you saw that, didnt you? :P that was pretty hilarious...

@TheChosenOne: VASSAL is an awesome site where you can play each other SWM online...its pretty crazy. download it man! (just google/bing/etc. etc. "Star Wars Miniatures VASSAL" and it will pop up with the site...it should be self explanitory from there, if not BM me, Darth Percocet, or Demothenes, they'll help you out lots :) )
TheChosenOne
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 11:16:17 PM

oh, thanks creme_brule