RegisterDonateLogin

Look sir, Milk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lowbacca stat Help Options
lord_osma
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:52:27 AM
Groups: Member

I just made a custom Lowbacca and I was messing around with his stats before I made a card. I just wanted to get some input. I used one of the stat calculators I found on the wizards forum as a giude.
Lowbacca, wookie Jedi (or Lowbacca Wookie Knight. I want to keep the wookie in there for synergy.)
COST 34
HP:120
DEF:18
ATK:10
DAMAGE:20
UNIQUE,MELEE,DOUBLE ATK
Momentum

force 3
powers:
Lightsaber assault
Lightsaber Deflect

Not great, but playable I think. I'm not in this to make broken pieces.
I was thinking about giving him cleave, or maybe force leap and raising his fp to 4, but that would mess with the cost and I had wanted to keep that kinda low because if Mara Jedi is 45pt, he's just not that caliber of character.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:58:49 AM

I think you can amp up the stats a little or lower the cost. This guy is in New Republic and they get some pretty decently cost minis which, right now, he is not.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:08:48 AM

Lowbacca COST 34
HP:120
DEF:17
ATK:10
DAMAGE:20
UNIQUE,WOOKIE, MELEE,DOUBLE ATK
Momentum
Synergy +4 + 4 when within 6 of an allied character whose name contains Jaina
Protective 20 +20 Damage when a wounded ally whose name contains Solo is within 6 squares

force 1 Fr 1
powers:
Knight Speed
Lightsaber Riposte
Indiscriminate Rage

That's probably about right, sure he can benefit from GMA with Wedge and TBSV, but the within 6 restrictions make it tricky to pull off massive damage. I changed the Force powers as I've never felt Lowie was a defensive Jedi. Of course, these are just my suggestion feel free to do as you wish.,
saber1
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:35:21 AM

Here are the stats I came up with for one of my custom sets from last year. The CE was inspired by the starfighter assault on Darth Caedus' star destroyer that Lowbacca led in defense of Kashyyyk.

Lowbacca
Cost: 36
Faction: New Republic
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 19
Attack: 13
Damage: 20
Special Abilities
Unique, Melee Attack, Double Attack
Mighty Cleave (Once per turn, if this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, it can make 1 immediate attack at +20 Damage against another adjacent enemy)
Momentum (If this character has moved this turn, he gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
Repair (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 Damage from 1 Droid character)
Force Powers
Force 3
Lightsaber Block (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Commander Effect
Your squad may contain non-Unique Wookies of any faction. Non-Unique Wookie allies gain +2 Attack and +2 Defense while a Wookie ally is within 6 squares.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:12:39 AM

Good call on repair, but I don't get the CE at all. The forces Lowie led at Kashyyyk were other Jedi...not wookiees

Part of me wonders if Lowie should be more of a gimmick pice that a straight out beast fighter...maybe a good candidate for Immediate Droid reserves?
saber1
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:42:26 AM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
Good call on repair, but I don't get the CE at all. The forces Lowie led at Kashyyyk were other Jedi...not wookiees

Legacy of the Force: Inferno, pages 194-195 describe the flight of starfighters as non-jedi led by one force sensative: Lowbacca.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:17:44 AM

During the Battle of Kashyyyk, Lowbacca led the Jedi charge against Jacen who was aboard the Anakin Solo. Jacen attempted to Force Meld with the Jedi Knight in order to sense where the other Jedi Knights were. Lowbacca tried to mentally reason with Jacen while simultaneously launching a Shadow Bomb at the bridge of the Star Destroyer. The bomb hit but a distraction caused by Ben Skywalker saved Jacen's life.

I got that from Wookieepedia, but my books are downstairs so take from it either way I guess...