RegisterDonateLogin

Made you look.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GMLS gets glued in teamed fearsome foursome game Options
kalos
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 4:50:42 AM
Groups: Member

On Saturday a group of friends got together and we decided to play a teamed fearsome foursome game. Each player builds a squad consisting of 4 characters for up to 200 points total. We then randomly assign teams, and commander affects/abilities that affect followers or allies are shared among teammates.

My squad: Revan, Malak DLotS, Zuckuss BH, Dash RS
My teammate's squad: Flobi, Kit Fisto JM, Grand Master Yoda, Mas

Opponent 1 had: GMLS, Ganner, Wedge, Cade Padawan
Opponent 2 had: General Windu, Grand Master Yoda, Anakin CoN, Zuckuss (original)

We played on the Rattatak Arena map. I'm going to do the best I can to share this round-by-round, but some of the minor action may be included in the wrong round.

The first round was mostly positioning, except Cade opened the central door on their side (residence) and since I had let Dash intuition (thanks to Revan), I was able to take a triple/twin on him and move back out of LOS. I hit on all 6 attacks (+14 for 20 dmg each), but he made all 6 evade saves! Other than that, all of the other enemy characters except Ani moved down one of the side corridors and held the door open. My team had, unfortunately, begun moving in different directions. Revan and Malak were in one side corridor, while Kit and Yoda were in the opposite side corridor. Flobi, Dash, and Zuckuss entered the arena through the middle.

Early in round two Ganner levitated Luke out into the arena, and Luke ran into one of the enclosed side rooms and let the door close (we play a house rule where force users can open a door for 1 fp for the remainder of the turn). Seeing Luke coming at me always makes me crap my pants, but this time my squad was built to deal with it. Not a whole lot else happened in this round, except my team tried to consolidate its forces again by bringing Kit and Yoda back toward the center.

In round three, the fun really began. I intuitioned Zuckuss to the door to Luke's room, opened it with a force point, and shot him. I hit and he defensed the damage, but he was glued. I moved Zuckuss out of LOS back to the side corridor. General Windu decided that it was going to be a long day if Luke couldn't get in on the action, so he used master speed to run all the way down to our side and base Zuckuss (I think he was even able to attack one, and hit for 20 dmg). Both Revan and Malak did not like this, so they each came out and based him and attacked once (1 hit, 1 miss, and Malak got riposted). Other players jockeyed for position, and the enemy Yoda moved out next to the door to Luke's room, holding it open. He got based by Flobi. Dash moved close to Windu and took 6 opportunist shots at him at the end of the round, missing every one. There was some other action that I don't remember, but it was minimal (I think the enemy Zuckuss hit Kit).

In round four, I decided to save Zuckuss and try to glue Luke again, giving Windu an AoO. He hit, and Zuckuss was down another 20hp. I had to let Zuckuss use Revan's intuition commander effect as well as his own since Windu was in my way, but I again began the round by gluing Luke, and he again defensed. I moved Zuckuss back where I thought he would be safe. The enemy Yoda then gave Flobi an AoO and came down and based Zuckuss. At this point they were trying to kill him at all costs. Windu then put some nice damage on Malak, crit-ing on a roll of 18 once. Then he got his ass handed to him by 6 attacks from Dash, 4 from Revan and 1 from Malak, and he died. He did riposte each melee fig once though. Malak then based Yoda. I forget what else was happening with the other characters, but this was the majority of the action.

In round five, I again intuitioned Zuckuss for a shot on Luke, giving Yoda an AoO, which he hit on (down 60hp total). I missed Luke, but rerolled with my final fp and hit. He failed the defense save so he took 20 dmg and was glued. I moved Zuckuss to the other side of the pillar from the door, but could not give him any more protection than that. Wedge finally hit something, dealing 10 more to Zuckuss (he now only had 20hp left). Yoda decided to kill him at all costs, and gave Revan, Malak, and Dash (twice) AoOs. That was four attacks and I think all hit, but one was defensed. Then he rolled... a 1 against Zuckuss. Ouch. Cade decided to come out and play and he based Zuckuss, but got chewed up by someone (I forget) before the round ended. Over on the other side of the map, our Yoda based Ani. Ani then moved away and gave the AoO in order to grip Zuckuss for 10 more (only 10hp left). Kit had the other Zuckuss based, and Zuckuss shot him in the face before getting sushid. Obi decided to base Ganner. Oh, and I think it was Dash who killed the enemy Yoda at the end of this round.

In round six, my team discovered that we had made an error. When Obi moved away from the door to Luke's room, it had closed. With no more fps for Zuckuss, he could not glue him. So instead, he glued Ganner so at least Luke could not be lifted. For some reason, Luke sat in the room until the second phase of the round. Ganner did his best against Obi and Kit, but he died quickly. Wedge decided to help out Ani by running within 6 of Kit, to nerf Shi-Cho. Kit reengaged Ani, and both did some damage. Then Ani gave another twin AoO in order to grip Zuckuss and finally kill him! (Luke had still not made a single attack this game). Obi chased Wedge and based him. I then moved Revan out to open Luke's door, and lightninged him with Malak, who had 70 hp left (Luke only had 2 fps and couldn't stop it). Luke then based Malak and did 40 more damage (30 hp left on him). I forget where our Yoda was, but I think Dash took 6 shots at Luke to end the round (some got defensed and some missed, but one or two got through).

In round seven, Malak again fried Luke, who could not defense it. Since Malak was based with him, he died gloriously. Luke only had 50 hp left at this point. He ran arround giving a bunch of people AoOs in order to djem so, and he did a ton of damage to different people (I forget who), and I think he was able to kill Kit. Obi rolled two 20s against Wedge and killed him instantly, leaving the opponents with only Luke and Ani. Both were badly damaged. We ended up losing Obi as well, but by the end of the round we had mopped up both remaining characters. The game ended when Revan corrupted Ani, taking his final 20 hp. Revan had only taken 40 dmg, and Dash had never been hit!

This was one of the most fun games I have ever played. Zuckuss is a badass, and gets credit for MVP. I think we would have lost horribly if Luke could have engaged earlier. Gluing is amazing. Revan is by far my favorite fearsome foursome mini. Master tactician is even more valuable than it usually is in this format, because not only does going first provide such a huge advantage with powerful characters (including Zuck), it lets you go last as well. Dash never shot anything without opportunist. The ability to intuition another piece is huge too, and saved us several times (the double surprise move figs and one with intuition built in really helped too). The movement control was too much. Flobi is a tank, and his commander effect is amazing. In a teamed game like this it also helps to have Mas with him.

What an amazing game!
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 5:14:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Awesome recap dude. Wished I could have been there to enjoy...
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:36:08 AM
Groups: Member

lol, thats a hilaroius report...yea, GMLS's weakness is probably zuckess BH and auto damagers (Flamethrower, Grenades, etc.) ;)