RegisterDonateLogin

May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Salacious Crum (Custom Card) Options
tonythetoyman
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 1:02:58 PM
Groups: Member

My friend and I were talking about how it would be nice to have a reasonably priced fringe figure with disruptive (might help Rebels a bit, but it would help other factions even more -- especially the lesser factions which was our key goal). So, we each took a stab at this figure.

Here is my friend's version (he goes by "armaghedron" on the WotC boards, and I am posting this with his permission):

And, here is my attempt at this same figure (similar, because we had talked about some of the SAs he might have beforehand, but slightly different):

This is only my second attempt at a custom figure, so if you have any ideas how to improve, please let me know. Thanks!

carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:41:47 PM

Both look great, and they are each very reasonable for the price!
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:53:18 PM

Great efforts for a sorely missing character from the OT. I'm a bit torn between base 10 damage and the Monkey-Lizard SA. Either is good, or perhaps both. Perhaps rename Monkey-Lizard to Mischievious while adding +4 attack as well as +10 damage?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:25:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

He deserves a character card, but I'm not sold on Disruptive on him. It's just too powerful for what Salacious Crumb is. He should be a unique 3 or 4 point piece with something really small and quirky that is useful but not a must-have.

So here's a quirky idea... Crumb was the court jester. Let him keep his +0/0 damage. 10hp, 13def. Give him +10 dmg versus droids. And give him this SA instead of Disruptive:

Jester: At the beginning of the skirmish, designate a unique ally. If this character attacks an enemy and the ally has line of sight to this character, the ally may immediately move two spaces. Immediately move this character adjacent to the ally, where this character's movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

It's a movement breaker that's pretty hard to use and only worth 2 spaces of movement. Not sure what that would be worth. Probably worth more than 3 or 4 points. Maybe as much as 7 points. But a 0atk/0dmg piece is attacking purely for amusement value, reflected in the amused "boss" moving. That fits the character of Salacious Crumb, I think.
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:01:59 AM

Honestly, that movement breaker is WAY more powerful than you realize. That's easily a 10 point movement breaker, IMO.

I really like both of the original cards. The Monkey-Lizard SA is really nice too. I think Disruptive honestly fits him better than it fits on Juno or Deena, lol.

The biggest problem I having would be how to do a custom for him without cutting up a VR (Hondo). Really sucks that WOTC never did a piece of him.
RannKonnar
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:37:08 AM

Nice!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:37:29 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

LoboStele wrote:
Honestly, that movement breaker is WAY more powerful than you realize. That's easily a 10 point movement breaker, IMO.

I really like both of the original cards. The Monkey-Lizard SA is really nice too. I think Disruptive honestly fits him better than it fits on Juno or Deena, lol.

The biggest problem I having would be how to do a custom for him without cutting up a VR (Hondo). Really sucks that WOTC never did a piece of him.

Fair enough on the higher cost - I didn't think the cost through that much.
Heisenberg
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:04:54 AM

I've got a custom for that card. Well, kinda, I just cut off salacious from my jabba and gave him his own base. I dig the stats tho. Wall Climber is a good idea for a Kowakian monkey lizard.
PhageLab
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:49:25 AM

I like both versions, would take either one. Why WotC? Why must it end???