RegisterDonateLogin

Warning: Do not drink within 1 hour of using Sith Rage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kal Skirata and Associates Options
ARCTrooper-A79
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 6:49:49 AM
Groups: Member

Bardan Jusik, Kal Skirata, Walon Vau, and Lord Mirdalan
A group of characters from the Republic Commando novel series. I've wanted to make these guys for a while. When I got the request for the 3 Mandalorians, it didn't feel right to make Vau without including his beloved pet strill, Mird.
Vau's design comes from another customizer on the boards, Darth_Sal. I simply couldn't think of a better way to make him.
Skirata's armor was a bit of a challenge. I had trouble matching the original gold color of the RCTS, and shiny gold armor seems incongruous for a mercenary. So I coated all the armor plates with my own gold then dulled it down with a black wash.
The strill is a modified Spiretop Drake (Demonweb, D&D). I think his pose looks like he's in a scrambled run, but my friend says it looks like he's urinating. Either seems appropriate for Mird.
Darth_Sal
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:04:58 AM
Groups: Member

Awesome job! I love to see more Mando customs! Kal is on my list, but grad school is seriously getting in the way of customizing... maybe this summer. Also, glad you liked my Vau, thanks very much for the compliment! :D

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5098