RegisterDonateLogin

Senses we've picked up another pathetic life form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The "Chosen One." Options
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 12:26:39 AM
Groups: Member

I'm wondering what people's thought's are on something that crossed my mind a while back. I keep forgetting to post it, so here it is.

Anakin Skywalker is supposed to be the "Chosen One." He is supposed to bring balance to the Force. Now my question is this. Didn't he do just that? Fulfill the prophesy? I mean there were to the best of our knowledge only 2 Sith. But there were thousands of Jedi. Emperor Palpatine comes along and orchestrates the down fall of the Jedi order and Bang. For the most part, as far as the movies go there are 2 Jedi and 2 Sith.

Now I realize with the expanded universe, comic's, books and other related material. We find there are other Jedi who survived and other Sith skulking around.

However to me it seems like Vader/Anakin fulfilled his prophesy and brought balance to the Force. Two Jedi on one side, (*before Luke*) plus two Sith on the other.

Now I'll never claim to be a Math genuis but 2+2 still equal's 4 last I checked. Laugh Therefore we have a balance. ThumpUp

What are your thoughts?
RannKonnar
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 12:36:27 AM

Right u are.
Anakin did fullfill that profecy.
carnorjax1
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 3:44:41 AM

I suppose he did, but all the jedi and dark siders floating around really contradict that. Unless it's referring to the most powerful force users, it ends up looking weak
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 9:58:11 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
I suppose he did, but all the jedi and dark siders floating around really contradict that. Unless it's referring to the most powerful force users, it ends up looking weak

Ya, I see what your saying. It just seemed to me that even with adding in all the Expanded Universe stuff there is more of a balance between Light and Dark. It's not quite as one-sided.
qvos
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 12:13:16 AM

Ya, He did indeed fulfill the prophecy... That is in GL canon. By killing Palps and by Turning away from the Dark side, Anakin stopped the line of Sith, Because in GL's Universe, there were only 2 Sith Lords at any time,, Not Colonies of Sith..... Too many Sith Lords take away from what GL's vision was originally..... I admit it though, I do love the EU and am willing to look past some of this for the sake of a good STAR WARS story!
carnorjax1
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 5:46:30 AM

Well Said! BlooMilk
CC-23478
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:09:45 AM

Hey, I have 2 things to respond to that:

1, George Lucas may have created the SW universe, but, imo, he is also the plague that constrains it.
Heck, in an interview, he called a lightsaber a "lazer sword."
He may have created it, but, let's all be honest, his version sucks compared to what others have built off of it.

Thomas Edison didn't invent the lightbulb, he just found something that worked a h**l of a lot better than horse hair.

2, That is why I never liked the Jedi.
They are ignorant, hypocritical saberjockeys who are to arrogant to serve the republic's best wishes.
What squelch said IS true.
2 = 2
Anakin balanced the force.
The Jedi, in their arrogant ways, thought balanced means 1,000 = 0
They were to fulfilled on believing themselves to be invincible gaurdians of light - the greater good - to accept that balance didn't mean they were in complete control.

...Order 66.
What do you all think?

I LIKED it.

The Jedi DESERVED it.

They forced the clones - a slave army - to fight for a so-called freedom they never would see. To protect a justice they were denied.

The Jedi deserved to be shot.

But, that's my opinion.

To each his own.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:48:27 AM

Did you ever wonder...if George Lucas is just a puppet, under the control of a group of diabolicsl business men, it would explain why he knows nothing about Starwars. o_O
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:04:43 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Did you ever wonder...if George Lucas is just a puppet, under the control of a group of diabolicsl business men, it would explain why he knows nothing about Starwars. o_O

LOL Laugh Maybe he is actually a Muppet that was exiled from Sesame Street for not being able to keep a story straight! All those diabolical business men would blend right in, in Hollywood. No one would see the puppet strings. LOL
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:11:02 PM

SquelchDog wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

LOL Laugh Maybe he is actually a Muppet that was exiled from Sesame Street for not being able to keep a story straight! All those diabolical business men would blend right in, in Hollywood. No one would see the puppet strings. LOL

Yoda probably got exiled too, for ruining the show:

Count: Ah Ah Ah! Can you keeds guess vhat number I am thinking of? Ah Ah Ah!
Children: Fou-(Yoda interupts)
Yoda: Four thousand, four hundred, thirty two, the number is.
Count: -_-
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:30:47 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

Yoda probably got exiled too, for ruining the show:

Count: Ah Ah Ah! Can you keeds guess vhat number I am thinking of? Ah Ah Ah!
Children: Fou-(Yoda interupts)
Yoda: Four thousand, four hundred, thirty two, the number is.
Count: -_-
Laugh LOL Dude you should start writing joke's that stand-up comedian's could use in their act's. I laugh so hard every time I read one of your post's here! Laugh I have to wait until I stop laughing out loud and wipe the tear's from my eye's before I can reply to one of your PM's or post's here.ThumpUp