RegisterDonateLogin

More protein than a Gimer Stick.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Null ARC Trooper-A'den Options
wampafang
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 4:17:59 AM
Groups: Member

Here are some custom stats for A'den Skirata (my son's name is Aiden and I like the Nulls). I tried to make these true to the character while maintaining game balance, although I am not sure he is costed appropriately. His CE is supposed to represent his ability to train insurgents.

Null ARC Trooper-A’den
Cost: 27
Hit Points: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: 10
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Affinity (May be in a Mandalorian squad if it contains Kal Skirata)
Disruptive (Enemy commander effects have no effect, on enemies and allies alike, within 6 squares of this character)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Grenades 20 (Replaces attacks: Range 6; 20 damage to target and each character adjacent to the target; save 11)
Recon (Roll twice for initiative, choosing either roll, once per round if any character in the same squad with Recon has line of sight to an enemy)
Satchel Charge (Replaces attacks: Once per turn, designate one adjacent door as open; it remains open for the remainder of the skirmish and cannot be closed)
Stealth (If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Synergy (+4 attack when the stated character whose name contains Kal Skirata is within 6 squares)

Commander Effect
Non-unique Fringe followers get +4 attack and +10 damage against non-Fringe characters

Any suggestions?
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 9:44:08 PM

Hi wampafang, nice custom I like it. ThumpUp I don't have any suggestions but I do have a quick question for you.

Are you planning on creating custom stat's for some of the other Null Arc's? Just curious, This one look's like he will put up quite a fight. I'd like to see what your other one's would look like. ThumbsUp
wampafang
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 11:55:12 PM

Thanks.

This is only my second attempt at custom stats (Bly being the first) so I'm no expert, but I read through Wookiepedia articles about the chracters and tried to mesh in-universe abilities with established game mechanics while trying to maintain balance. Where the two didn't mesh (his CE for example) I tried to create something that fit but didn't overpower. I also used the Customs tab on BM to look through some stats others had made regarding Nulls in general and that provided some inspiration as well. My real trouble is costing. The Nulls were pretty nasty and they were jacks of all trades and I am hoping I didn't either overdo it in terms of abilities or undercost him for the ones I gave him. Only playtesting will tell.

Aside from the reasons I mentioned above for creating A'den, I have a green repaint of an ARC Trooper Sniper that I plan to use for him in skirmishes. I also have a red painted sniper that I was going to use for either Fordo or Ordo, but I'm not sure when I'd get around to doing that if ever. If I was to do Ordo, I think the base stats and some abilities like Disruptive, Recon, Stealth, Affinity, Synergy would be similar to A'den's (maybe a little better as he was the defacto leader of the Nulls), but given the Nulls had different talents, I would use the process mentioned above to give his stats a more personalized flavor that suited the character. One of the Nulls, I can't remember which, hacked into the Repubics network, so he might have override instead of satchel charge. I also had trouble deciding whether to use double attack or twin. I thought that double better suited a piece with stealth than did twin, but one could make a good argument for twin as well.
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 6:59:51 AM

Your welcome. You have an extremely well thought out process there, very impressive. ThumpUp Now I really can't wait to see more from you.

wampafang wrote:
One of the Nulls, I can't remember which, hacked into the Repubics network, so he might have override instead of satchel charge.

I want to say Jaing, but I could be wrong. Been a little while since I read that book.