RegisterDonateLogin

Sometimes, Bloo Milk amazes even itself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rating killers we are out to get u Options
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:26:21 AM
Groups: Member

Names of people when they rate the way they do because i am tired of rating killers

example

10 :
Nme
Name

9:
Name
Name
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:42:04 AM

so... whats the plan?Cool
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:45:59 AM

When you rate someones squad your name will show up next to the number you rated and is viewable to everyone so that we can see who is rating low and hopefully this will stop that person form doing so, if not find out why they rated your squad the way they didn't seeing as they dont usually post any response just rate 1 and run away.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:16:21 AM

Great idea,but I know shinja won't go for it.
MasterWolf
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:11:32 AM

I don't want 20 PMs saying "why did you rate me a 7?!?!?!?!?!"
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:37:03 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

MasterWolf wrote:
I don't want 20 PMs saying "why did you rate me a 7?!?!?!?!?!"

Exactly. Yes, those 1 are a pain. But there is just as large a group that gets upset when their UBER squad gets rated less than what they think it deserves. Either way, no one wins. The current way, no fueds get started.
StoneThrowingEwok
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:22:56 PM

I disagree with the posting of who rated what squad what on the squad itself. If you really absolutely have to know what someone is rating something it could be included in the account where it says how many squads, characters so and so rated and list them there. It would provide the means to identify who is rating the 1's on a large scale but it will not say which squad was rated what, in essence that would not create any feuds either.

Oh have fun going through every members profile trying to find them though.
MasterWolf
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:04:10 AM

Yeah, I think it would be cool to be able to click on someone's name and see X 10s, etc.
graloth
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:50:59 AM

easly solved, anything less then a 7 it should force you to comment, that way when the person leaves it blank we can assume that they rated it bad for no reason.

and if Ur going to rate it less then a 7 then u should have a reason for doing so, and have nothing to hide, and shouldn't mind giving criticism.

just a thought

<3
Uggie Demo
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:10:44 AM

graloth wrote:
easly solved, anything less then a 7 it should force you to comment, that way when the person leaves it blank we can assume that they rated it bad for no reason.

and if Ur going to rate it less then a 7 then u should have a reason for doing so, and have nothing to hide, and shouldn't mind giving criticism.

just a thought

<3

best idea yet!!!!
MasterWolf
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:40:47 PM

I think the threshold should be less than 5. I've rated plenty of 6s.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 2:25:56 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

And if someone doesn't truly think 6 is a bad rating? While the one ratings are somewhat understandable, I think you are too obsessed with getting high ratings. Everyone will view the number system differently. I rarely use rate anything 8-10, because I view those as the good and great squads, while below tends to be average.
Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:21:59 AM

I think that when rating a squad you should have to give feedback so atleast we can lol at the stupid excuses those who rate a squad a 1 giveTongue
Silustrae
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:40:47 AM

I agree with the mention of forced commentary if below a certain point.. But I think anything below a 7 is just foolish. I give squads PLENTY of 6's.. 6 = Slightly above average. Meaning if I faced you in a tourney I'd be thinking to myself that I better play well since it's a decent squad. I'll never really rate ABOVE a 7 because to me that super compeditive. Heck, I'd still give various tier-1 squads a 7 or an 8.

Maybe forced commentary if below a 4, because then you're saying that it's below average and can suggest improvements.

Either way. Ya'll shouldn't get all butt hurt just because someone rated you low..

I've given a squad a 1 before. I commented as to why. The squad was awful. /shrug
DarthJak
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 6:13:51 AM

we can debate foreverMad if we like........it's all up our lord and master shinja!Love
Nightwalker
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 6:49:32 AM

Yea I like the forced comment for lower then 7 because obviously 8 or better is self explainitory and anything below 7 it would be nice to know why you rated sow low and maybe even get feedback as to what improvements you would make to said squad.
StoneThrowingEwok
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:31:54 PM

Sorry but forced commentary is far too regimented. I mean what happens if I put down, yeah i've seen the squad get completely annihilated and I very much dislike it or don't like the faction. Let the numbers speak for themselves. I try to leave a suggestion if I can think of what may improve it.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:28:48 PM

Well, shinja already has a form of semi-forced commentary when you add a squad to your "Squads to Play" list. You can choose to add a little 50-letter blurb if you want to. Maybe we could do the same things with the Squad Rating Killers. There would still be a lot of 1s with no comment with it, but some of those Rating Killers might man up and explain why.
CherryPenguin
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:36:18 PM
Groups: Administration , Member, Trade Moderator

Squad ratings will always be anonymous and not have to be commented on. The rating system will work better if more people are rating. So if there is a system that is hindering people from rating, such as making them comment, then the rating system won't work as well.

Also, you can see the average ratings a person has given by clicking on his/her name. You can see how people are rating by also clicking on "Top Squad Raters" under the "Squads" tab.