RegisterDonateLogin

Was never a condition of our arrangement.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Any Richmond, VA players out there? Options
ParkPlayerJD
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:46:38 PM
Groups: Member

If there are any players in the Richmond, Virginia area, let me know so we can set something up. There is a LGS about 10 minutes from my house that would be perfect to play at.
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 10:41:17 AM

Not too sure if you mind making a drive like this, but there's a store called "The Game Vault" that my group shows up at every other Saturday. We usually get 7-10 people there. If you don't mind making the hike, you and you're buddies are more than welcome to join us.

Sincerely,
Jester007
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:23:23 PM

I wondered if there was another Game Vault person here.
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:52:42 PM

There's a few of us on Bloomilk here. Most of us aren't avid posters though. Anyways, for those VA gamers that don't know, the Game Vault is located in Fredericksburg just a few miles West from I-95 exit 130. We have a good group of guys that are fun to game with. The gaming store is also nice place to game in. Anyone is more than welcome to join us on the Saturdays we get together. The next time is May 15th and it starts at 6-7ish PM. We haven't decided the format just yet. We are still getting Regionals out of our system.

It's $5 to get in, and we pool all the money together to buy booster packs of minis as prize support. Then we draft the figures from the packs in order of placement from the tournament. Every once in a while we'll do something crazy like Savage only, Melee only, etc to make things interesting. Well, I hope to see some of you guys there sometime. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester007
ParkPlayerJD
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 2:54:09 AM

I'd love to join as long as I can find time to do so. Fredericksburg is a bit of a hike for me and I'll have to work something out with the wife while she watches our two kids. Mind you, I'm very new to competitive play, I've always been a casual gamer.
PhageLab
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 5:13:37 AM

I'm in Hampton. RVA is about an hour and a half away, and I work crazy hours. Occasionally though I'll go up there and spend a weekend with friends who go to VCU, but I've never played minis out there.
ParkPlayerJD
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 11:47:57 AM

Hampton huh? I graduated from Old Dominion University, not far from there. I'm always getting into it with the VCU alum up here, LOL. I've contacted the LGS and here are the best days so far:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday night. I'm leaning towards Saturdays... Maybe once a month like the guys at Game Vault do? I'd love to come up to Fredericksburg to play, but right now it's not feasible.
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 12:50:48 PM

Yeah, I understand. I use to live in VA Beach myself. I still go down there time to time to visit some old friends of mine. I normally go to a place called Atlantis Comics. Not the best store I've been to, but they got plenty of room.

Sincerely,
Jester007
Jedicartographer
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 2:54:25 AM

Hey JD, Remember me? we played a couple years ago in Midlothian. I still live in newport news, and theres plenty of palces we can play here, if you want to make the trip, I'd also like to come up again to richmond at some point.
ParkPlayerJD
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 11:24:18 AM

YO WHATS UP! Of course I remember you, Matt, right? The man with the maps, LOL. Sounds good, looks like we have a solid place to play up here now too. I hope everything is going well?