RegisterDonateLogin

Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! Bloo Milk craves not these things.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Clone Wars Finale [SPOILERS] Options
wannabe mexican
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:13:02 AM
Groups: Member

So they are trying to make us like Boba Fett? I think this might be preparation for the Love Action show, as I have a feeling he will play quite a prominent role in it.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:13:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I think it is just logical character development. He isn't going to be a merciless killer off the bat. His hesitation in killing an umasked clone who looks like his father makes sense, as is his dislike of being called brother by the clones.
Aura's abandonment is just another step to the Fett we know.
I would also say the show was made too far ahead to really be much of a factor at this point.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:26:53 AM

I kinda liked it/ but not really. Some timeline/ anomalies in the SW universe (sigh)....again.
Lobotnik
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 12:17:43 PM

I thought the whole point was that he only ever had his dad. Not sure about history with Bossk and the fact that he knows his face now. Also how come Slave I got blown up?

It really doesn't fit well with the LotF bools IMO.

Also he seems just a bit too wussy for my liking.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 1:24:13 AM

Lobotnik wrote:

Well, don't hold your breath then. Lucas is in charge of the story lines for the Clone Wars show, and he has always held a strict position that Boba died in the Sarlacc pit. Lucas doesn't give a rip about what the EU books say about his characters.

I too am disappointed a bit by the portrayal of Boba. Granted, as Sithborg pointed out, he's still a young guy, and has 20+ years to get to the point of being the Boba we know from ESB.

As for Slave I...it's not like they can't find another Firespray-class ship. Not that unusual to name two different ships the same name I don't think. Plus, keeping the Slave I name, even if it's a new ship, adds to the mystery of it all.

I'm hoping we'll see more of Boba's development into more what we know of him in the next season.
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:35:27 AM

Stupid Bounty Hunters, kill the Clone Commander, but leave the Navigation Officer who's worth less as a hostage. Also, Bossk was really lame, never really did anything. The other bounty hunter, Crastus, sucked pretty bad, and contributed nothing.

Aurra should have been punked when Ahsoka cut off her antenna. Aayla cuts it off, and almost kills Aurra. Typho grazes it with a saber and knocks her out, but when Ahsoka lops it off, nothing happens. And Ahsoka being able to match Aurra, that's pretty lame. And did they really have to destroy Slave 1?

Boba was dumb, not at all the teen bounty hunter he was in the Boba Fett books. Not sure why they had to put Hondo in there. Oh, Bossk and Boba in jail. Maybe they can share a cell with Wat Tambor, Poggle the Lesser, and who knows who else will get thrown in the slammer in Season 3. That will be the next finale, Cad staging a massive breakout.
Lobotnik
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 11:34:08 PM

LoboStele wrote:
Lobotnik wrote:

Well, don't hold your breath then. Lucas is in charge of the story lines for the Clone Wars show, and he has always held a strict position that Boba died in the Sarlacc pit. Lucas doesn't give a rip about what the EU books say about his characters.

I too am disappointed a bit by the portrayal of Boba. Granted, as Sithborg pointed out, he's still a young guy, and has 20+ years to get to the point of being the Boba we know from ESB.

As for Slave I...it's not like they can't find another Firespray-class ship. Not that unusual to name two different ships the same name I don't think. Plus, keeping the Slave I name, even if it's a new ship, adds to the mystery of it all.

I'm hoping we'll see more of Boba's development into more what we know of him in the next season.

Yeah, don't even get me started on Lucas. My view is that when you create something as big as Star Wars which gains a life of its own you need to respect some of the stuff that comes from the fans and other creative people.

I guess that means he can do with whatever he wants to Slave I, I had a problem with it because later on Boba Fett has Slave II, III and IV at least.

and @ Carnorjax yeah Bossk seems like a dumb douche.

This will be one of the ones I can't watch too often coz it will really annoy me.